Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
PipesMagazine.com is pleased to announce that we have a new sponsor for the website and the radio show.
MeerschaumStore.com is celebrating their 50th anniversary, so they must be doing something right.
I wrote the radio ad and PM member Don Wilbanks voiced it and produced it. Check it out.
http://pipesmagazine.com//wp-content/2013/forum-posts/meerstore_0402.mp3
Check out MeerschaumStore.com

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wonderful, I have been eyeing this site for a while and have been hesitant. Simply because of all the drama that has been hashed out about the meerschaum side of the business. Now that I know it is a legit sight, it may be bad news for the misses.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
This is great news. I am just starting to get into the hobby of pipe smoking and was wondering where I could pick up a quality meer for a low cost. This web site has several low cost options available, and I assume if they are a sponsor of this web site, then they are legit and sell quality items. I will be looking forward to the reviews as these start to pour into forum members' collections. :)

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hello,
First I would like to thanks to Kevin to accept us as a sponsor for pipesmagazine.com .We really appreciate that.
Dear Lawrence thank you for your nice welcome message.
We have been in business since 1963 and on the web since 1999. But we are new to pipe forums (In the past we had a few posts).I will try to help you everything about meerschaum and meerschaum pipes.
Secondly when it comes to "under 40$ pipe category" on our website: Yes we present these pipes under "affordable category" .We will have enough time to discuss meerschaum but in a short way we classified the meerschaum in 6 levels.1 is worst and 6 is best.Please note that " press meerschaum" is not used in pipe making at all."Press meerschaum " is used only meerschaum linings which is used in briar pipes and also it is used for making meerschaum bowl for gourd and mahogany calabash pipes.Thats all.
Today's main problem is that some manufacturers uses low quality meerschaum (level 1-level 3) .So these kind of meerschaums are heavy and do not last long.or even some manufacturers uses another stone which is similar to meerschaum but that stone material specification does not same as meerschaum (Density, etc)
In our affordable series we use level 4 meerschaum block.And on that series the workmanship is not good as our golden series and platinum series.As you can see we have many meerschaum pipes that their prices starts from 99$ and goes to 400 $.
If you buy a meerschaum pipe under 90$ ,so possibly it means that a low quality meerschaum block or another material is used and sold as a meerschaum.
As i said there are many things to talk but we will have time for that.
Again we hope this will be a long relationship. :)
PS.1.Sorry for my English

2. In the past our brand "MeerQueen" is used on some forums and some posts are written under this brand.We are not responsible because of those posts.
B.C

GM of Meerschaum Store Team

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Meerqueen,
First off I want to say "Welcome" to the forum. I am glad to see a company representative on here to answer questions and interact with our community.
Secondly, I want to say "Thank you" for your openness regarding the grading of your pipes. Having this type of information available to us can go a LONG way in helping to make our buying decisions, and to ensure that everyone buys the right pipe for their budget, needs, and wants. :)
Thanks for the info, and I will be looking forward to more of your posts as I learn about pipe smoking and your products.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Paintedklown,
thank you for the nice message :)
i know in the past the communication between meerschaum producers and its customers could not be established well.But hopefully we are going to break this rule and give the right information from the first hand.
Regards,

B.C

Status
Not open for further replies.