PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
So the other day I was at my B&M and they gave me a sample of some bulk flake they had, but the weird thing about it was that it was not like the flake I'm use to seeing. It's like little strips of flake with shreds of ribbon cut tobacco, sorry for not being more specific, but how would I go about smoking that since it's not long enough to be cube cut, so should I just rub it or what would be the best idea for it.

~Ron

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Yeah it sounds exactly like it, thank you very much Russ I really appreciate your help and yeah it does take a while to get going.

~Ron

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Sorry about the miscommunication roth, I meant that that is what it's called, not the brand but the "cut" I guess you would call it. I was trying to figure out what to do with broken flake in general since it has a hard time cubing and rubbing hasn't given me the best results.

~Ron

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Broken flake can be cube cut very easily using a rotary fabric cutting tool, which works rather like a pizza cutting disk.

These are available in craft stores; or, you can try using a pizza cutter!

rotarycutter.jpg

I use this on a rubber-like cutting mat -- the kind that seals up after a blade has run across it.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Ok I will give cube cutting a try and see how it works out with this broken flake, Thanks guys.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.