PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
First of all, do Weber experts exist? :) I see a pipe that is stamped Hand Made and nothing else but Weber and Imported Briar. Is this a rare pipe, collectible pipe, firewood, etc. I cant seem to find anything out via the interweb. Thanks.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Following. I am the the owner of 2 Weber pipes my wife recently purchased for the Grand total of 20 dollars for both. After buying another pipe today, I have had to change the password. Not complaining but they all seem to need a ton of work and it would be nice to be able to browse without fear that a derelict will show up on my doorstep. Today's purchase seems to be a clean Mountbatten 602, which I do not have time to look up.
The first one has arrived and other than a good buffing, it is a nice looking/smoking pipe. At least in my experience which is not saying much.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The first one, which I rather like:
picsplay_1487972883952-600x450.jpg

The second one, which I have yet to receive:
s-l1600-1-600x220.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Not an expert, but if you like it then it's collectable. I restored a handful of Weber's for other people and they were drop dead gorgeous.
I have a sandblasted Weber author that was my grandfathers. If it had a white dot it would pass as a Dunny.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Those seem to be more of what I picture when I think of a Weber pipe. The one I am wondering about is an online listing or I would show a photo. Does not look like any Weber I have seen. Larger pipe that just shows Hand Made. I have seen SilverGrains, DeepGrains, Royal Bands, etc. all of which are all over the web. Cant find anything on Hand Made.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Is it this one?
weber%20hand%20made_zpsepv40tdx.jpg

I'm not an expert, but for a premium pipe it doesn't seem to have much grain. I'm not getting a real since of art or design in the carving either. The listing says the stem is a replacement.
My guess is that twenty to twenty-five bucks would be a fair price. Maybe it is super rare though. That still wouldn't be enough to make me buy it.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I Googled Weber Briar Pipes on the internet and found many different websites. Perhaps those sites will provide additional information to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.