PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I got one of the type that slides into place over the top of the chamber. The cover appears to be part of the original briar with about five holes in the top. I think they were also refered to as motorist or sparkproof style pipes. Has anyone used, or still use these. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or get rid of it. I have a number of pipe windcaps I use after I load up my pipes and put them in a bag.

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I'm not sure. I had a Brebbia with a windscreen that moved sideways through a slice in the bowl a quarter inch fom the top. I don't think that's the same. I'm continually looking for windscreened pipes. I only buy new. Sounds pretty cool. Drop a pic

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I often turn to one of those clip on wind covers when I'm going to be outside smoking. The only issue is they are not one size fits all. I have several pots and larger bent eggs that they do not fit.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I have one, I sent it off to guhrillastile to clean up - I haven't smoked it yet since though - its a hand-me-down from the family and was prob. picked up in the 80s. I'm holding onto it personally. I wish I would have brought it with me when I went to Florida this past November as it was super windy on the beach and I could have tested it out.
These pictures are prior to cleaning and polishing.
Bh14sNE.jpg

EB3yLI8.jpg

pskjyNo.jpg

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
interesting looking pipe... I dont have one. When it rains I just flip my pipe upside down.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I used to know a fella who had one he'd stick on his pipe when he was out on the motorcycle. I think it was effective enough, even if not the brightest idea.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I have always wondered with the metal caps do you light through them or do you have to take them off to light? I have never really needed one but they would be handy on the boat in the summer time. Even some nights in the canoe when the wind picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.