PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Here is a quote from the article

"Fads like the Tide challenge lend themselves to exaggeration, so it’s wise to be wary of alarmist warnings not backed up by evidence."

The article discredits itself and if anything is giving publicity to the act more than if it didn't report on it.
There is no mention that this is used to give anyone a buzz, instead the article says

" federal consumer safety officials were compelled to warn families that children find such packets appealing."

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
brightleaf,
Here is a quote from the article

"Fads like the Tide challenge lend themselves to exaggeration, so it’s wise to be wary of alarmist warnings not backed up by evidence."

The article discredits itself and if anything is giving publicity to the act more than if it didn't report on it.
There is no mention that this is used to give anyone a buzz, instead the article says

" federal consumer safety officials were compelled to warn families that children find such packets appealing."
I found out about this during this evening news. 3 local college students were in intensive care because they were ingesting tide pods. My God...these are college students, not 5 year olds.
My wife talked to her sister and husband who are both nurses in another State. They confirmed that swallowing Tide pods is a concern, and they've seen an increase at the hospitals they work at. The article was sent to me via an email after we talked to my wife's sister. As to the articles honesty...who knows.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
So, is the only known medical treatment for this to smother the idiots with a pillow? Will these imbeciles have to pay a higher premium for their medical coverage now that it is known that they are mongoloids, and likely to incur higher health care costs?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Tide announced they are ceasing production of the things because everyone's eating them instead of washing their clothes with them. A drunk college kid will eat just about anything.

At my measly little high school, one kid died from huffing freon, another took angel dust and jumped off a water tower, and another (football player) died of alcahol poisoning at a party where he did a beer bong full of whiskey; and, the other kids got scared so they hid his body in the limestone quarry.

There seems to be no end to what stupid things kids will do. I’m just grateful everytime my youngest gets home alive and my oldest gives me a phone call.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Here's my favorite quote from the article:

Even a senator, Chuck Schumer of New York, once said he was tempted to eat a pod because of its bright colors. “I don’t know why they make them look so delicious,” he said at a 2012 news conference
............. go figure. :puffy:

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
brightleaf, after I re-read your comment

My point was not about getting high from eating Tide pods...but more about the stupid things we do as kids.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
:rofl: Even a senator
As though those aren't the least intelligent life form on the planet to begin with!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Don't be hatin'... :puffy:
Mongoloid. 1 : of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Asia and classified according to physical features; 2 often not capitalized, dated, now usually offensive
At least cough syrup and glue offer a "high". I can't see what appeal caustic chemicals have to supposed adults. Some people (adults, not children) deserve what they get...
jay-roger.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I believe we know which definition of mongoloid I was using, and it has nothing to do with Asians.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Laundry detergent, the formerly secret substance that creates special youth.

shining1.jpg

Shining laundry packet

shining.jpg

Boy "Shining" in Stephen King's miniseries of the same name

Status
Not open for further replies.