PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
For you golf enthusiasts. You probably don't need me to supply this, but here it is anyway, a link to live coverage where in today's second round, now in progress, Phil Mickleson is leading.

Watching golf is soothing to me.

http://stream.golfchannel.com/british-open-watch-live-rd2-pt1?pid=22759

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Can you define how soothing golf is for you ? Listening to the "sounds of the rainforest" is soothing to me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can't answer that but glad for the post, which, seeing just the title, thought it'd be on the US Tennis Open. So tuned in just in time to record the Nadal match. So, thank you!

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Can't answer that but glad for the post, which, seeing just the title, thought it'd be on the US Tennis Open. So tuned in just in time to record the Nadal match. So, thank you!
Not lost to everyone :wink:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Can you define how soothing golf is for you ? Listening to the "sounds of the rainforest" is soothing to me.
Watching snooker games is soothing for me :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aC3_Dkops4

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The mellifluous tones of Jim Nance, the approach to the game and its traditions and honor system, the beauty of the courses, the canned bird noises, the sedate pace of it all, I find WATCHING the game on TV in the A/C is just, well, somehow soothing or maybe mesmerizing.

I caddied when I was 13 at a course in NH that was to me, a place of manicured natural beauty and I imagine that part stayed with me.

I do think that it's a game for rich folk, and that it wastes valuable resources and contributes to water pollution, but, if you just look at the surface, it is 'nice'.

Status
Not open for further replies.