PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
For us pipe smokers that reside near Washington, PA, we have had a relatively small pipe club that meets at a member's home on the third Friday of the month. The 10 or so members have been meeting for the past 11 years.
Additionally, we participate with the Pittsburgh Pipe Club that meets on the second Saturday of the month at the Allegheny Smokeworks shop. More information on the shop can be found here: http://www.alleghenysmokeworks.com/ .
If you are interested in further information contact me at my email address: seilerjp@verizon.net

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
I'm originally from Bethel Park. I don't get back to Pittsburgh much, but if I do, I will look you guys up. If you're ever in Wilkes-Barre, stop by our club. We meet every Tuesday informally, and formally on the first Tuesday of the month. Have you guys ever considered joining United Pipe Clubs of America?

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the invitation. Our Washington PA club is a bit small. Only 3 of us have ever made it to the Chicago Show. Bill Kotyk, the Micoli Pipe Collector has been there every year and goes to most of the shows in the eastern US. I entered the slow pipe smoking contest 2 years ago and only lasted about 35 minutes... If you do get back to Pittsburgh, give me a yell.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
I sent you an email again requesting your club(s) consider joining UPCA. As president of my local club, we have now only 6 members and half of them are cigar smokers. I understand the apprehension about joining UPCA. But in my mind it's belonging to a something much larger than your club--an international organization of pipe smokers. Most people do pipe smoking contests because they do not expect to win, but because they are fun and you get to meet new pipe smokers. But I know how pipe smokers can be, often fiercely independent fellows. But I've not been back to Pittsburgh since we last communicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.