PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
A friend loaded my cob with Warhorse green ...wow what a experience. I have not tried that many blends, but I really enjoyed this one . It gave me a bit of a stomach ach though. Anyone else enjoy this blend

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I like them both. The Green will ghost a briar. I smoke it in a cob or a meer, and I think the Green would ghost a meer over time.

It did take me a while to let them grow on me. But, I like all three of the WarHorse types. The RR for during the day, when I don't want to be queasy while I am doing stuff, and the red and green I interchange. I tend to smoke the red more often, but the green always gets me compliments from the others in the room.

These blends need to get more attention, as they are a unique American take on the Lakeland, without all of the bad stuff we think of as Lakelands. IMO
If you don't like really strong blends, I would suggest the RR. It has all of the aromatic qualities, without as much of the jetfuel. I know that almond liqueur isn't in the recipe, but that is what I think of as I smoke it.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Green: Very strong stuff and definitely will ghost any pipe but that Ready Rubbed (Black tin) was quite enjoyable, multidimensional let put it this way, good strength being not too low neither too high and there is a dark Fired leaf in this with a hint of perique and no latakia which suits me well.

P

pipebuddy

I have tried the Red and didn`t like the topping. I found it to be very chemical and it reminded me of low quality flavored cigars. Which is too bad because the nicotine content rocks.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Paulie66scandina Jag är glad att du njuter av tobaken. Låt mig veta om du behöver mer eftersom min fru kommer vara hemma den 1 mars besöker familjen i närheten av dig.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Yes indeed, and why I am also entitled to the opinion that its gaudy to take the brand name of a classic Irish Gallagher's blend and fill the tin with a dissimilar sutliff tobacco. Thankfully these are just opinions and not facts, and hopefully I won't be censored for expressing my opinion on this matter as others have been in the past.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thankfully these are just opinions and not facts, and hopefully I won't be censored for expressing my opinion on this matter as others have been in the past.
A little sensitive tonight aren't we?...

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The fact is that all of the Standard Tobacco blends are made in North Korea at the Dear Leader Pipe Tobacco Company #7. They take criticism rather personally. So if any naysayers have disappeared, well that’s just what happens sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.