PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
In all honesty I don't believe Sutliff would volunteer to make this stuff for its own account as there is nothing quite like it on the market. There was always a War Horse Red kicking around till the early 1980s but War Horse Green was a pure invention of the 'Mad Men' at SToP's advertising department! As an after thought it tastes nothing like Mixture 79 as far as I am aware and you are absolutely correct about criticizing the product - people have been un-personed for doing that in the past :rofl:

Reactions: f4phantomdriver
You can't even enjoy a bowl of Three Nuns, Escudo, or now War Horse, without a toothless old curmudgeon coming along with his walker and chest high slacks and tell us with a toothless mawl that it's not the same, it was once better. Who cares? I will never ever try old Three Nuns or War Horse, and if I did, and if I prefer the newer versions, I may not like that older stuff.

It just ruins things for those of us who enjoy what is available right now, and the whining of geezers is background noise.

Reactions: f4phantomdriver

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Well said Cosmic! I really enjoy this blend . So I am stocking up on it .....no has to like it , more for me :clap:

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
and you are absolutely correct about criticizing the product - people have been un-personed for doing that in the past
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but this is actually the case

06d.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
People have been banned for being being anal pores and violating the forum rules, not for being critical.
Except for the few that Mr. Kim has chained to a tobacco thresher outside Pyongyang.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Hey at least it's a plug...oh wait.....nope. I wonder what kind of plug this is supposed to be? perhaps an anal plug?

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I wanted to like it, I really did. Waited anxiously to finally get some after the release and all I got was the taste/smell of Play Doh. I didn't mind the ready rubbed occasionally, although the taste was still there but very much muted. I know everybody's palate is different but I couldn't handle the Red or Green :|
940_main.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Let's call a spade a shovel here. From my lowly vantage point as a barely mortal but quite active participant, mlc was not banned for criticizing Std. Of P, but for going off the rails and becoming abusive. I still hope to see him back here one day.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
And if it makes anyone feel better, he went on to be banned from multiple other groups the following week. Some groups that I didn't even know existed.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Ennerdale tastes like play-doh to me. watch out edgreen they're comin' for you! :puffy:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Haven't you ever seen that famous picture of Stalin walking with his henchmen by the river. One of them said he 'Really didn't like War Horse Green' and in the next picture he had been airbrushed out from the picture and never heard from again. Coincidence? Maybe he just had an urgent errand to run and was not in the next frame of film. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.