Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Just as the title of the thread suggests. Been becoming more and more fond of this type of pipe and have never smoked one. Would prefer a new one, as I think it would be really cool to add the coloring from my own smoking.
Any suggestions as to where to buy one or find one? And advice in choosing one? Thanks!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
What is your definition of cheap? Any sized bowl? Carved or not? I'm presuming Turk as they color well. I would think you could find something from one of the vendors listed on this site. Iwan Ries also carries meers. Shouldn't be hard to find one if you are willing to buy without fondling or inspecting. Most vendors offer money back if unsmoked so no real risk.
I've never purchased a pipe on-line but, I have been very satisfied with 4noggens.com service. I'd guess the other listed vendors are good as well or they wouldn't have lasted long on the site.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Missouri Meerschaum One of our site sponsors. Look to the left of the page for sponsors.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
A friend brought me an authentic carved-from-solid-block Meer from Turkey as a souvenir. Now I'm sold on them and want several more in my collection. I've heard you can even order them online from Turkey, but most online US pipe dealers handle them. I'm not about to walk away from my briars, but my Meer is an amazing pipe. I also love the way it is taking on a pinkish hue from use, and this all happens very quickly. Just beware that there are many Meers on the market made from reconstituted meer powder - I don't recommend them.
My best suggestion is to take a look around at some local flee markets or even antique shops and see if there's one looking for a home in your neighborhood.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
If you care to put in the time they come up on ebay all the time, and sellers dont know what they are, often unsmoked. I would see what I could get for 30 or 40 bucks there if you trust your eyes.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Check out Paykoc Meers ... I bought a small one at a B&M when I first started getting serious about pipe smoking and I still smoke it regularly. It may not be the greatest meer in the world, but I like it and it smokes pretty darn good for me.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
I purchased a ne Strambach meerschaum from eBay for 60. I believe they still have more. Wins over my briars. Between cobs and Meers I, starting to wonder why I own briars at all.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
Here's a link to a reliable eBay seller with new Strambach meerschaums:

http://stores.ebay.com/Sneelocks/Meerschaum-Pipes-/_i.html?_fsub=9434582013
These are not block meerschaums, but "cultured":

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/strambachs-cultured-meerschaum

Status
Not open for further replies.