Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Was gonna have a root canal yesterday. He took X-rays and things were bad and the tooth had abscessed. Had have the tooth extracted immediately. Under the crown, the tooth was all but gone. I'm in AGONY. I deal with chronic pain daily, but this one sucks. Here's the disgusting tooth

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm relieved...... I thought you were posting a picture of Rosie O'Donnel.
I hope you get better. I'm sure you're on pharma grade stuff, but a mix of Tylenol and Ibuprofen does wonders.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I worked in a hospital pathology specimen room one summer. This is nothing. Send us a picture of your kidneys. Or maybe your severed foot.
Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon Naye. Dental pain is the worst. I have a root canal that went bad after 20 years and won't get looked at until next Tuesday. Hopefully you have some good meds to mix with your Woodford reserve.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Nate brother, I know it doesn't help you one f'n bit, but I have felt your pain, from lots of root canals that were wasted time, money, and PAIN! I took care of my teeth...my body said screw you dude! I felt like such a loser the day I put my dentures in. But by gosh and by golly, I HAVE BEEN DENTAL PAIN FREE FOR SIX YEARS!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Going to have all mine removed this year. No loser feelings here. F you teeth!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Called the dentist today to schedule an appointment for a molar I have been nursing for a year. Pull that sucker...

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Man, there's nothing worse than a bad toothache. I'd rather have broken bones or migraines any day.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I had one flair up one night at tne start of a 4+ hour drive to Palm Dessert. Started out like sinus pressure. By the time I hit San Bernardino I was looking for pain meds. Everything was closed so $8 gas station tylenol for me. By the time I got to Palm Springs I was seriously considering aiming my car at a bridge abutment to stop the pain. Worst pain ever!
I hope you feel better now, Nate!

Jan 8, 2013
I'm relieved...... I thought you were posting a picture of Rosie O'Donnel.
I've got that covered! :mrgreen:
rosie-odonnell-sticks-finger-nose-2014.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
PipeStud, I totally knew you'd love that. As I was wheeled back to the car the nurse handed me the tooth. I looked at it and I says "you know who loves nasty, disgusting things?" And the nurse says "The PipeStud?!" And I says "yup, The PipeStud". We both had us a good chuckle ;)
Rand, there's little so bad as intense pain while you're on the road! That sucks!
Orley, I left it under my pillow and when I woke up the tooth was still there with a teeny tiny note that said "ewww"
Mcit, I've been in that exact same boat. ALWAYS took care of my teeth and a lot of good it did me. I wish I'd just replaced them all with implants when I was in my 20's so I'd never need go through this crap now.
Thanks for all the kind wishes guys!!!

tinbird

Lurker
Feb 16, 2017
Had to have an extraction of a molar from my upper jaw, root encroached into the nasal cavity. I use CPAP so the first night the air was blowing directly through from my nasal cavity into my mouth. Anyone that uses CPAP knows how that went. Ended up having to have the dental surgeon remove some bone from the where the molar had been and stitch the gums over. Couldn't use CPAP for a total of 6 weeks until the wound had healed. Again, anyone who uses CPAP knows how much fun that was.
Best stuff I've had for severe dental pain is Ketorolac, amazing stuff pain pain pain (then like a switch was flipped) no pain. Short term use only but whoa, good stuff!!!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Ouch tin... that sounds pretty nasty. If I had my life to live over, as a teen, I would've had all of my teeth replaced with implants. My teeth have brought me nothing but pain and the sound of sucking money... and there is no end in sight. I see bad things in my future :(

Status
Not open for further replies.