PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
This is some of the best tobacco going...I know most of you are going to boo me off the stage, but perhaps many are bitten by the price bug?
I get good, nay, great flavor all the way to the end of the bowl with Blenders Choice, and even when I relight the bottom of the bowl there is great flavor....I don't get that with the $20.00 tiny tins of bull baccy!
IMO, Blenders Gold at the whopping cost of $12.00 for a big 12 oz. bag is the best bang for the buck out there.
BTW/ while I'm on my inexpensive is the best soap box, 8) .....let me also add that to me the best damn pipe ever made is an old Kaywoodie WITH the stinger....so put that in your pipe and smoke it. :puffy: ... just joking around guys, but what I said about the tobacco, and the pipe...I mean.
Ranger6, peace out.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Ouch, I bought some just to try about a year ago. It was the worst thing I have ever tasted in my pipe. It was like cigarette tobacco to me. I tossed it out after trying it three times in three pipes, bleck. Too each his own though. :)

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I'm surprised....I am talking about the cherry blend, and the vanilla.
I haven't tried all the blends.....I only smoke aromatics anyway.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
This was Burley and Black I believe or something like that name. It was the reason I was never going to try Captain Black and other OTC stuff, but I did anyway.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah, I haven't tried that one, so you may be right about that blend.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I hadn't smoked any in a couple of years because it was 'aging', so I just pulled it out yesterday and fired up a bowl, now I can't stop smoking it...it is wonderful, and I have enough to last me a good Month... :P
I've smoked three bowls so far in different pipes, and by golly, by gee if it doesn't taste best in my good old 47 Kaywoodie...surprise, surprise!... 8)
I am so close to selling all my other pipes on the bay, and just keeping two, well actually three....that's all I seem to smoke anyway.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Marc....my brother, finally, a man true to my heart.
I honestly only smoke the one pipe all day, and all night long, the second/third pipes are once in awhile pipes.

I don't know what came over me to buy so many pipes lately..(15), I think it's because I'm retired, and I am getting bored so I just started buying pipes.....what a waste of my time. :roll:
But that short phase is now over....I will just enjoy my one and only Kaywoodie....oops, I forgot I have a bid on an unsmoked Kaywoodie, I can't let that one go..... :P :crazy:

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I think the cost factor may play a big role in why I like it so much....it is so damn cheap!
I have to admit that my #1 favorite tobacco is RLP6, but there is always that cost factor, and the fact that I can go to the corner and pick up a big bag of Blenders Gold dirt cheap.
I am certainly not trying to say that Blenders Gold is the best tobacco in the World bar none!

What I am saying is that FOR THE MONEY I like it a lot....and I really do get flavor all the way to the end of the bowl, in fact, I had my Kaywoodie setting out overnight with some B.G. still in it, I fired it up, and still could taste cherry flavor.....I don't recommend doing that, but I did.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
"I have survived for over 30 years on small pipe rotations of 5 to 7 pipes at a time and I am a heavy pipe smoker, for me, a well smoked pipe smokes better than a well rested pipe." I used to be the same way. Then got around other pipe smokers and started trading off and buying more pipes. I am sitting at close to 300 now. I have always smoked a pipe 2-3 times before going to another one. I am slowly starting to sell my pipes. I am shooting for around 50 to keep. I did not know Walgreen even sold pipe tobacco any more. I will check it out.

Jan 7, 2013
While the drug store brands are not top of line, I find they are good bases for blending. Lately I have been using black cavendish or toasted cavendish depending on the brand and mixing it Sparrow #23, a menthol. Experiment with quantity to taste. The drug store brands are usually very wet and the Sparrow is very dry. Togetrher they balance out moisture wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.