PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Hi all,
I recently bought a tin of W.O Larsen Craftsman edition, and It is amazing from tin design to smoking, except for one issue. I can't pick up any flavour out of it. The tin aroma is amazing, the smoking aroma is just lovely that I keep pushing it up my nostrils, yet I can pick nothing of the flavours people say it possess, except for a very very mild Virginia sweetness. So, I am not sure if I am missing something or pairing it with wrong drinks or maybe I need to clear my palette with something before smoking it

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No suggestions? whatsoever?
You may not want to hear it ... but you asked! :) It sounds like a heavily sauced, goopy, aromatic blend. My suggestion is to stay FAR away from these as there is so much good tobacco out there.
Every aromatic blend I've ever tried could fit this descriptor:
The tin aroma is amazing, the smoking aroma is just lovely that I keep pushing it up my nostrils, yet I can pick nothing of the flavors people say it possesses

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Never tried this blend, but I tend to agree with cobguy. My personal experience has taught me, the better the blend smells in a tin, the worse it tastes. On the other hand, the worse a blend smells in the tin, the better it tastes!

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
That's an interesting opinion.. And I tend to agree to an extent but with OTC blends.. However this is a good one, and it has a hail of praise everywhere.. truly, it is moist, so it needed some 45 minutes drying before smoking and pairing with black tea.. then I could get the flavours.. :puffy:

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I actually like this blend a lot. Very smooth, almost tastes like a cappuccino to me. Great Denmark tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.