Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Volk was posting about Mac Baren Plum Cake and made a funny comment about me seeing visions of pirates if I smoke it and drink some rum.
Here are some pictures of my view from my home office. I face East overlooking Tampa Bay and get the sunrise in the morning, even though I am on the West coast of Florida.
Look near the bottom left of the first two shots for the tall sailing ship at the dock. It was used in Pirates of the Caribbean. You can see sailboats in the other pictures too.
balcony-01.jpg

balcony-02.jpg

balcony-03.jpg

balcony-04.jpg

balcony-05.jpg

balcony-06.jpg

balcony-07.jpg

Scroll down to the 2nd to last picture here and you can see a much closer shot of the sailing ship.
http://floridaforlocals.com/blog/florida-restaurants/st-petersburg-pier-and-columbia-restaurant/
Here's the side of the Black Pearl you don't see in the movie:

http://web3.0internetconsulting.com/disney-birthday-cruise/pages/disney-cruise-03-19-2009-154.html

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Awesome, man. You are a lucky dude. I miss Florida. I used to spend my summers on the Gulf of Mexico. Here I sit stuck in LA. I don't spend enough time at the coast. The air quality still sucks here because of the fires.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Yup, know the area. I'm about 35 miles north of you in N Port Richey. Head down that way to see the Rays games, Rib Fest over at Vinoy Park, July 4th festivities, etc. Nice place.
Edit. I didn't realize the thread is over a year old. :lol:

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
That's beautiful Kevin.
Almost warmed me up a bit.....it's 16 here this morning and there's not a cloud in the sky. Dammit.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
Nice pics Kev, especially the top 2. Shame someone spoilt the view and put a bloody power station on the horizon, otherwise it could very easily be the Caribbean. Talking of which, Johnny Depp was over my way during the summer looking at film locations for the new POTC film.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
"Let me know next time you come down. We will eat, drink and smoke"
I'll have to take you up on that, one of these days, Kevin.
I wonder if there's any other members in the Tampa Bay Area.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Funny thing is that I moved down the hall, to a corner unit (and bigger one) last August. So my view has changed a little. I think there's another thread around here with my new view. So now I have the sunsets instead of the sunrise, unless, I peak way around the corner.
I can still see the water from my North facing window in my office, so interestingly, even though most of my view has changed, this pic is still what I see looking out of the window in front of my desk ...
balcony-04.jpg

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I wouldn't get anything accomplished with a view like that; well, other than perhaps lots of peaceful introspection whilst admiring the beautiful view from amongst fragrant whisps of pipe-smoke.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Kevin: Have you realized how blessed you are lately? being the owner of a cool website, GQ looks, pearly white teeth, great place to live, a new knock-out voluptous girlfriend. :worship:

Can I come to Florida and just hang out with ya? :P

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Kevin, your couch has my name on it next time I'm in town. Haven't been since the ACC Championship was there but I really enjoyed the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.