PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
18 bucks shipped? Should I pull the trigger?
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/9833/img_2963-600x450.png

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
That stuff is bone dry when it's fresh....with that much age, it should burn like flash paper. Also, this is straight Burley, I doubt that age will have done much to improve it's flavor.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
If you have your heart set on trying the old stuff asap and having the convince of it shipped to your door then go for it. However, it is available in a lot of antique stores for $8 - $15 for an unopened packet. If you're into the whole antiquing thing, visit a few stores and I have no doubt you'll come across a package of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Reading the title I must ask what happened to the other brother? Did he age out?
I think for smoking a new pouch would be a little better. As an earlier post says, burley doesn't improve much with age. If you buy it, let us know how it smokes.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
As dry as it surely is, I would think it would be like a flash of gun powder in a pipe. It may make for an interesting experiment. If you do, take pictures and use a cob! :wink:

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
I bet this stuff would taste like burnt cardboard. Think I may have to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.