pstlpkr

Preferred Member
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
These are the reason I joined up.

Good stuff!
16. Michael Gladis of Mad Men (Part I)
17. Michael Gladis of Mad Men (Part II)
18. Michael Gladis of Mad Men (Part III)
Awesome idea for a sticky
I agree Seanz.

Thanks for posting them Kevin.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
The Michael Gladis interview was a real coup. Credit to my ex for coming up with the idea while we were watching Mad Men.

waznyf

Preferred Member
Apr 24, 2012
Michigan
Love these videos! Very interesting and lets me get a better insight on the pipe community else where!

Factory tour videos were cool.

rmbittner

Preferred Member
Dec 12, 2012
Is there any way we could get videos from the major pipe shows happening this year? I know a lot of work could go into recording/editing something like that. . . but I'm not sure a polished product is essential. Nowadays, a conversation with a pipe maker, a stroll through the exhibit hall, snippets from presentations, etc. can all be captured in very high quality with just an iPhone. Even getting little 5-minute files of each of these encounters would be really fun to see, especially for those of us who aren't able to attend in person.
Bob

drhuff

Mar 4, 2014
Looks like the videos associated with the links aren't there anymore for most of these (unless I am doing something wrong). The article and pictures are there but maybe they have been archived or removed to free up storage space. Anyway, is it possible they can be made re-available at some point in the future? Other newer members like myself might be interested in watching them. Thanks.

drhuff

Mar 4, 2014
Never mind. I was trying to view the videos on my iPad and the videos weren't viewable but I just discovered I had no problem viewing them on my PC. So maybe it's a technical thing that an old non-technical person like me can't figure out. Anyway, sorry about that.

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you watch the Cornell & Diehl video Kevin at one point says, "That would fit nicely in my suitcase. I could just throw my clothes away." lol. Never thought I'd hear that out of Kevin's mouth hahaha. Great video library that deserves a bump.

deathmetal

Preferred Member
Jul 21, 2015
Cannot view them on iPad
They're Adobe Flash-based, so you will need a browser with that enabled.
That being said... it's a terrible idea to leave it enabled after you are done watching these videos.
If PipesMagazine wants to switch to a newer format, FFMpeg will convert these and Wordpress does automatic video embedding.