PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2012
Check this thing out...
You think its what the seller claims? I can't see this being that old.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIQUE-1924-33-KAYWOODIE-EXPERIMENTAL-OR-PROTOTYPE-OOM-PAUL-SETTER-PRISTINE-/400314747280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d349e4990

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
This Kaywoodie is a "Show-Stopper" and it's not even a Kaywoodie!
I think the guy painted a crap pipe with a KBB stamp. I saw one of these in a consignment shop in the Downtown East Side of Vancouver once.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
No it isn't. Have seen the screw-in assembly with "O" rings and threads on chinese pipes going for $19 or so. Supposed to act as a condensate trap and make smoke travel further to cool it before it gets to your mouth. Personally I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I "Bought it now" I just couldn't let this one get away... I'll keep you posted on how it smokes...
Jk
It looks like the seller has other decent pipes... But the pictures are annoying...

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I love the ruler in the picture. Lol.

"Do unto others as you would have done to you." Hahaha, yeah he must have got burnt on it and is trying to burn some pot head with it. Lol
I bet he found an old Kaywoodie stem and put it on crap tennon. And thinks some idiot will just scoop it up.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Nope we've never seen one because it doesn't exist. Im going to ask this guy some questions though and see what other lies he tells

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Normally mr.can (the seller) has very nice estates and can be trusted on with his information about each pipe. Look at his other current auctions and you'll see what I mean. But this one puzzles me. It's clearly a chinese junk pipe, as evident by the metal bowl and rubber o-rings. As for the KBB logo, I can't think of one industry which doesn't have chinese knock-offs using the "real" logos. I guess I'm surprised he got duped into this one... Either that or KBB really did invent this type of pipe and now we know why it never went into production and the chinese started using it.
-Jason

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
@tokerpipes Thought the same thing myself hahahaha :lol:

I sure hope that no one falls for that scam!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Contact info for the man who might be able to tell you if this is real-Bill Feuerbach--

http://www.smfrankcoinc.com/contact/index.htm

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I looked at his other Pipes on the bay and he uses a lot of big words to describe his pipes. All the others look good and they seem to be correct. This is weird.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
O rings could not possibly be in that condition from that era, or for that matter any of this contraption. Big claims he makes. Hes sailing a Chinese Junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.