PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I have been chasing a flavour now for many years. It would be nice if I could give you a point of comparison but I can't. I have gotten whiffs of the smell, or taste that I am searching for in a tobacco called Black Cordial. Someone said it might be Cherry I was after. So I went out last week before I left on my trip and bought a pouch of Brigham Black Cherry and alas it was not the cherry flavour I was looking for. Nearest I could describe it smells rich and just a hint of spicy, but in a good way like a nutmeg. I wish I could better describe it. I remember the scent from my childhood when more people smoked pipes so my next step is to check out some of the old codger blends and see if that helps. Any blenders out there that might be able to assist I am open to suggestions.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
In my opinion, the problem is you are chasing a flavor from a smell you remember. That was the problem with aromatics for me, they smell great for everyone else, but the taste is far from the smell. finding a tobacco that tastes like a scent you remember I would say is edging on impossible.

B

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
If it's a tobacco you remember people smoking many years ago, you might want to look at Paladin Black Cherry - I've never had it, but it's an old standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.