PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Sweet Moses Shane, what kind of work do you do that you will get a bonus to cover all that?!?!? I'd have to dance on table tops for a year just cover that nut. (Hey, don't judge. It's in my past. And it was at old folks homes. Yeah, I'm not in shape but the old ladies can't see very well and often don't know if they are sliding $5 or $100's into your G string. ) Gorgeous pipes!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
The seller is only posting 10 or 15 at a time, it seems.

He's likely doing it as a family favor, on top of his "day job" and holidays, etc..

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Luckily I bought my wife's Christmas present back in May so I don't have to worry about that.

Christmas bonus is probably not the correct term. I own part of the company I work for. Business was reasonably good this year plus we brought on a new business partner who not only made his capital contribution but also boosted our fourth quarter revenue by about 10%. I'm hoping we take distributions which would be noticably better than a standard bonus.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Holy Sac of Nut! You’ve gone off the deep end, my friend. All hope is lost. Tether’s cut. You’re in orbit, man. You’re out there.

Reactions: shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Wow- that's an instant collection right there.

I think i remember banjo posting pictures of that was drip pipe as it was being made. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

You are correct. I've downloaded all the pics I can find of his pipes I have and am making a scrapbook to document the provenance of the pipes.

I think the Larrysson wax drip that's up right now was also a commissioned pipe but I didn't research enough to be 100% sure. Not sure about the Cannoy wax drip he had.

The Ardor wax drip that's up right now is a very nice looking pipe but one wax drip is enough for me. For now. ?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Blue Room Briars has the same morta nautilus new from the same carver right now. If someone was really interested they could reach out to them and see if they would extend their black Friday sale on it.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
That's a serious haul, nicely done! Why would you want to stop? Judging from the names, this'll give a big bump to representation of Slavic makers in your collection.

Reactions: shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
That's a serious haul, nicely done! Why would you want to stop? Judging from the names, this'll give a big bump to representation of Slavic makers in your collection.

Between carvers from this region and newer lesser known American carvers there are some fantastic pipes at great prices out there.

I've also discovered that carvers from places like Bulgaria, Latvia, etc. can be found and contacted directly through sites such as etsy and their direct prices can be insanely low.

I've got my eye on a pipe from Andrey Cherepanov but it might have to wait for a little while due to budget concerns. ?

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Sorry the only cure for PAD is empty pockets. Hopefully it’s not as bad as a crackhead or meth-head. Soon you will be selling your car and house if it gets that bad.

• Haha
Reactions: badbriar
Status
Not open for further replies.