PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Hello all and good morning. I'll keep this short and sweet. I am a big Escudo fan and I am curious as to what another good vaper would be to own that is readily available and great for cellaring.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake is a great one. It is a coin flake like Escudo but with a sweet cavendish center that sweetens up the smoke when you least expect it. It ages really good. I'm smoking some 3 yr old LBF and it's heaven. The price is just right and won't break your bank. Most online tobacconists carry LBF.

Reactions: redglow

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
GLP Telegraph Hill

Solani 633

Reiner Long Golden Flake

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro

Davidoff Flake Medallions

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Excellent suggestions. I have looked into LBF and Solani 663 since I do like their 660 Silver. I will put in an order now

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I do. Although the Kentucky does have quite a bit of influence in the blend.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yep, good choices.
Haven't had the Reiner or the Davidoff but the other three are excellent imo. I've gone deep with the 633 and Doblone d'Oro.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
I just put in an order for 3 tins of 633, 3 tins of Orlik, 3 tins of Sav d'oro, LBF and so I think I will enjoy all of these. Thank you for the recommendations

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
And of course Escudo! It’s a bit more expensive but it’s spectacular, especially with age. I popped a 10 year old tin this winter, it was the fastest I have ever made it through a tin.
I’d also recommend GLP Fillmore, however there is a little bit of Latakia in it, so I would sample it before laying in a big stash as it’s not for everyone (myself I really only detected it when I was looking for it, it truly is just there to round out the blend, but if you’re sensitive to Latakia it may be too much).

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Highly recommend Viprati. H&H Virginia Spice is surprisingly nice and a bargain blend. HU Director's Cut is fabulous. There's so many good VaPers it's ridiculous. Just a matter of finding the mix that fits your fancy the best.

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I will second Viprati, so very nice indeed. I will also give another nod to Davidoff Medallions.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Not exactly "readily available" but can usually be found (either on ebay or, more rarely, some smaller online tobacco retailers). It might cost you $10 an oz, but it's out there, and it is my favorite VaPer so far, Esoterica Dunbar.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Esoterica Dunbar, C&D Bayou Morning Flake, Castello Fiammata, D&R Rimboche’ SJ, and GLP Stratford are my top 5 in order. Honorable mention to SG St.James Flake, Rattray’s Marlin Flake, and GLP Telegraph Hill. I could name a lot more pretty good ones. It is a buyer’s market for the blends that are available (generally all but the Esoterica, Rattray’s, and SG).

Status
Not open for further replies.