PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Dark twist has been in the rotation for a while. Not often, but it's a sweet and savory that is a nice as an early morning in the same way as PS LTF. Also works great as dip.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've had quite a few of the above tobaccos and really enjoy them. One I'd like to add is SG Cabbie's Mixture. Not big coins but very tasty.
img_05441-600x414.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
@Orley. OMG! how did I forget Cabbies Mixture. Thanks for adding that.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Is Cabbie's still contaminated with the Lakeland scent crossover from their production equipment?

I had a tin from, oh, must be over a year ago, and I could detect the soap flavor; but even so, it was a pretty good blend.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
^^^Thanks for the props ^^^
It's an honor to post here. I was a lurker for a few years and the proverbial lone wolf when I was learning to smoke a pipe. This site was a big source of information and I'm glad to offer nuggets going forward.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Well done; very nice thread and excellent pictures.
I have been really enjoying LBF and Dark Twist Roll Cake lately. I may be biased though because I believe the virginia in LBF are the same as in LNF and LNF is by far my favorite tobacco.
The Roundels look like a really fun tobacco. The tin art is great too.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
My morning smoke today was (fresh) LBF. To me it was sufficiently flavorful to stand up to my normal high octane coffee.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The only 1 I've had is LBF. Funny you should say it was tasteless fresh sablebrush as, though I smoke pretty strong, pungent blends like ODF & Odessa most of the time, I find LBF quite flavorful.
Different strokes for different folks. For me, LBF is like smoking cardboard fresh. Bland, boring, grassy. Sorry, it just is. But like a caterpillar metamorphosing into a butterfly, LBF ages into a most enjoyable favored blend. Not everything improves with aging. But for me, this one does. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.