PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Have you ever tried a Sinu-pulse? It’s like a waterpic for your nose. It shoots saline water up your nose cleans out sinuses. I have been using it during allergy seasons or at the onset of a cold for a few years. It really works, bonus keeps your sinuses clear so you can taste tobacco better! Feel better soon.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
I'll second the nasal rinse. The Neti pot was the best $14 I ever spent in my life, formerly suffered from sinus infections like clockwork twice a year. I used it daily for a few years and had zero sinus infections. Now I only need to use it a few weeks out of the year, when I feel something coming on and it generally clears up without getting severe.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Have you ever tried a Sinu-pulse? It’s like a waterpic for your nose. It shoots saline water up your nose cleans out sinuses. I have been using it during allergy seasons or at the onset of a cold for a few years. It really works, bonus keeps your sinuses clear so you can taste tobacco better! Feel better soon.
I have used something like thae we called it a nittypot I think

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I'll second the nasal rinse. The Neti pot was the best $14 I ever spent in my life, formerly suffered from sinus infections like clockwork twice a year. I used it daily for a few years and had zero sinus infections. Now I only need to use it a few weeks out of the year, when I feel something coming on and it generally clears up without getting severe.
I also think it has to do with the realy bad air quality here in korea, and extream change in temperature it will be high of like 60 then 20 the next day

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Well hope you get better soon! Hey, if you just do what the doc’s always tell you at sick call (800mg Motrin, drink water and change your socks) you will be squared away in no time;)

Reactions: wordheavy

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I just got over the same thing. Had to go to the doctor to get meds to beat it. I used dip while I was on the mend. My muscles are still sore from all the coughing. Hope you get to feeling better.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Well hope you get better soon! Hey, if you just do what the doc’s always tell you at sick call (800mg Motrin, drink water and change your socks) you will be squared away in no time;)
Thanks. They gave me some decongestant told me to drink water and pedialight nothing about changing my socks (I chang them everyday anyway)

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Thanks. They gave me some decongestant told me to drink water and pedialight nothing about changing my socks (I chang them everyday anyway)
I feel ya brother on the Korea thing. Was there for a year and got extended for another 6 mos at Kunsan. Crappy weather, crappy pollution but at least I found the local cuisine (for the most part) was a plus!

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I feel ya brother on the Korea thing. Was there for a year and got extended for another 6 mos at Kunsan. Crappy weather, crappy pollution but at least I found the local cuisine (for the most part) was a plus!
Im almost at the end of my 9 month rotation. Othen then the air quality I like it here the food around here is amazing though

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nasal saline solution...big thumbs up!
I'm on week 5 with my infection. Lost my hearing in both ears (felt like I was under water) and went to an ENT who told me it could take 8-10 weeks. I'm feeling much better now than a couple of weeks ago. I've smoked one bowl in five weeks.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Reactions: kurtbob

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The Sinupulse and similar contraptions are like powered Netty Pots. They work for cleaning all the stuff way up in sinuses. If you reverse snork, it cleans that passage too.

In my attempt at rationalizing my pipe is not really being a smoker, cleaning out regularly keeps the evils of smoking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.