PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've suggested this ebay vendor to new pipe smokers who ask "where can I get a good pipe", but never was able to win any of his auctions (forrestmatia). I persevered on this one, as the unsmoked condition and shape fired all of my pipe triggers. To this point, all of my GBD's have been well used estates, requiring a good bit of work. This one looks ready for action. We're off to FL on Wednesday, so I won't see it for about two weeks...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180883333787?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Great Find....
Bring plenty of cool clothes to FL as it is already hot and very humid for this time of year.....

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Nice catch! Don't you love it when you find a pipe that just talks to you, and then you win it through an auction against all odds? Hope it's as good as it looks!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The pipe was delivered when I returned from vacation last night. I'm very pleased and can now personally recommend ebay seller "forrestmattia". The pipe is just the right weight, at 50 grams and a perfect bend, by my tastes.
The pipe looked terrific. I've never restored an unsmoked estate before. The stem was unmarked, but oxidation had taken away the shine. I took the oxidation off with some 2000 wet grit paper, than the final four micromesh grades. I followed that with a very light buff with some white diamond and than plastic polish. I put on a coat of Obsidian stem oil as well. The stem really gleams and I kept all the sharp edges intact. The bowl was just waxed with some Halycon by hand.
I'm saving this one until next weekend, and it will be christened on Fathers Day with some MM965.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I really like it...if u don't like it after smoking it just mail it to me... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.