PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
im fairly new to the hobby and im in the "try everything i can get my hands on" stage. Obviously 1-Q comes highly recommended from just about everyone but i have to say it is not for me at all. Someone had mentioned the room note being "old lady perfume on cardboard" and man did that stick with me. I always get a "artificial" taste from this blend. tin note is great and i love the smell. with it being available everywhere i wish i DID like it, but alas, on to the next blend.
I don't dislike Lane Limited 1-Q, but I don't really like it that much either. It's mostly tolerable. One of the neighbors that introduced me to the hobby really, really likes Lane Limited 1-Q and it was one of the first tobacco blends that I smoked with him. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it either. He mentioned that one of the big appeals of the 1-Q for him is that it has a really pleasant aroma for when he smokes it around others. Another neighbor had a 3-4 year old jar of 1-Q that was much better since it had developed flavors of dried fruits and leather.

The first tin I purchased for myself on recommendation at a local tobacconist was 4th Generation 1957. It is reminiscent of Lane 1-Q, but has bit more punch and tobacco flavor. I don't really like it that much either though and I have quickly gravitated toward the English, Virginia, Balkan, and Burley tobacco blends. However, I do REALLY enjoy Lane Limited BCA and would recommend that you give it a try if you want a really flavorful and pleasant session-smoking kind of aromatic blend. It is everything that I want from an aromatic blend. I find myself reaching for it regularly when I just want something smooth, easy, and flavorful to enjoy when I don't have the time and energy for a more contemplative smoke, although BCA definitely has some depth to it, too...

003-634-0005.jpg

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
I smoked 1-Q as one of my first tobaccos and wasn't much of a fan. However, when I first joined I read about how aging tobacco makes a big difference and how it takes some time and experience before you can really enjoy aromatics. So I went in with a buddy and we both got a pound each during a retailer special. My pound has been aging since early 2017 so I'm looking forward to trying some when I go home for Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.