PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Any Washingtonians in the forum? If so where do you purchase your tobacco? The nearby stores have a limited tinned selection and it is illegal to have tobacco shipped to your home in Washington state.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
First off, welcome aboard! The only thing I can think to suggest is to see if you can get a friend or family member who lives out of state to order for you and then mail it to you.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Thats crazy. I guess if we keep letting the anti's have their way, it will be like that everywhere.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I use to work for a wine shop as the shipping manager. There are a few states we could not ship wine to also. I can say that there are creative ways around every rule. :wink:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
They may have some other suggestions at the Seattle Pipe Club.

www.seattlepipeclub.org
I'm glad I figured out how to make the links work! :)

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
As a company we would not ship to those states but I knew of clients who would claim the bottle was "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" and ship Fedex overnight. The concept was the faster it got there the less time they had to think about or look at the package. I guess it all depends on how bad you want that tobacco? Might as well plan a road trip across state lines.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Thank you everyone for your responses, I believe it is illegal to recieve the tobacco in the mail so it wouldn't matter if I had the order sent to someone else, then had them shipped it to me. I'll have to look into having the Tinderbox order me up some stuff. Perhaps a road trip is also in order.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I believe it is illegal to recieve the tobacco in the mail so it wouldn't matter if I had the order sent to someone else, then had them shipped it to me.
I would think as long as it was wrapped up tightly, and sent in a plain package, no one would know.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Texas is charging 18 per pound for out of state purchases .I will figure out a way around this .Good thing my reserves are stored up .

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Making criminals out of regular people. Not just us pipe smokers. My great grandfather was arrested 4 times for alcohol violations during prohibition. My great Grandmother even got arrested when the cops raided their house and found 3 stills and gallons of beer. Obviously this is a little different, but not much. All because the state governments can't keep their hands out of out of our pockets. So dumb. [/soapbox]
-Jason

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
As soon as they find a friggin cure for cancer everyone will start smoking and the legal age will get lowered. I hope I live long enough to see the day damnit....

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
ship Fedex overnight.

Just so you guys know, almost all packages FedEx handles are routed through regional hubs between the shipper and receiever. At these hubs, there are procedures in place to find packages with illegal items and FedEx does work closely with law enforcement at these facilities.

What they are (mostly) looking for is drugs/bombs, that sort of thing. I dont know the chance of them giving a damn about wine or tobacco, just saying there are officers on hand every day at sort facilities no matter how fast it gets to you.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
The Seattle Pipe Club meets on land in the Puyallup Tribal Reservation so they can smoke legally in pubic (not allowed in our state). Their meeting place is terrific, but I felt a little like I was sneaking off to some sort of tobacco speakeasy. It was kind of amusing and kind of annoying at the same time.
At least it was good to meet with some other pipe smokers. The laws are driving many into their closets.

emarkle

Lurker
Sep 2, 2011
Insanity. This calls for the Underground Railroad of Tobacco. Someone can rent a UHaul and be a hero to the oppressed in WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.