PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
I got tired of pipe racks which call for attention instead of exhibiting your pipes and making them the focus point, so I designed this rack.
It is fully modular. You can use as many stands as you want on the shelf and you can make the shelf any length you desire. I made it for 10 pipes.
You can also stack two shelves together in tandem for a total of 20 pipes in this case.
The shelves can also be hanged from a wall.
Also, every stand can be used as an individual pipe stand.
How do you like it? Any ideas for improvement?
Cheers,
J
1_zpsu0mi742d.jpg

2_zpsdmzgno6g.jpg

3_zpsv023rick.jpg

5_zps8kzjlx4c.jpg

Here in stacked mode. Will hold 20 pipes
6_zpsaa84ofmx.jpg

7_zpskoqaeor4.jpg

9_zpspehjmkod.jpg

8_zps1h7vsha2.jpg

Here in wall hanger mode. Note the pipes are in upright position so they don't hit the wall.
5_zpsglifp4xr.jpg

4_zps6xooo52c.jpg

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
Very very nice , Mann it would look nice on the wall, or on top of a bar, it is diffrent but elegant.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Dude...I throw my pipes in a drawer. When I want a "rack" I half open an empty match box and drop the pipe in....now that is minimalism.
Nice rack!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Very innovative and versatile! Thanks so much for all the pix! Greatly appreciated. :clap:

What is your source for magnets and ball bearings?
btw, pretty spiffy pipe collection you got goin' on there...

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you for your comments guys!
@ Cortez, I get the magnets and balls from an industrial supplier down here in Argentina.
@ Ericusrex, yeah, I have some.
@ Fitzy, send me a PM and I'll make one for you!
Cheers,
J

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I think it's pretty great! Though my OCD may lead me to spending many minutes trying to get all of the pipes aligned.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
very nice looking. I like the ingenuity behind the magnets idea. It shows the pipes and nothing else.

Great job !!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess I should get out of my cave more often. I had to puzzle over this until Cortez mentioned the magnets and ball bearings, because I wasn't sure what was holding the pipes in place. Love the look of this, so clean and elegant. I guess a little canister could hold bearings when a pipe is in use, preferably enameled the same color as the black base. Really fine looking, and it could be nestled on the tops of various pieces of furniture, or an a ledge on the wall, or fastened directly to the wall, etc. It's simplicity opens many possibilities.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
That is a really nice pipe rack. I really need to either make or buy 1 myself. I will have 8 pipes come Christmas and my desk will be a mess lol. Nice collection, looks really nice.

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
If you really want a pipe rack that only calls attention to your pipes you could always go with something like this.

DSCN0563.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.