PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Psych, I hear you. I love my bad foods too. I just wanted to make a grumpy point that if the Government is so concerned for the health of their citizens (which they aren't, we all know this is about $) they have much bigger issues to face than pipe tobacco. Or tobacco at all. Fast food is just one of them. Honestly, I wish they would just stay the hell out of all of our lives a little more. Ironic, since they are probably reading this.
It is about choices, both health and financial. As an average guy, I am not fond of paying taxes so a lazy drunk can get his broken leg fixed that he snapped jumping off a roof in a liquor haze. Nor am I fond of paying for someone else having tobacco related treatments. On the other hand, as a person who has insurance, and is relatively healthy, I see no reason why I can't eat or smoke what I please. It is not the governments concern. The insurance companies don't want to come out of pocket for my care if I wind up with cancer, or lung disease. The government placates them by making tobacco less and less accessible. But what it boils down to is if you can't pay for treatment, and you made the choice to smoke, you should have to live with your poor health until it overtakes you. Cause and effect. That is life. It may seem unfair, but it isn't. We all have to face the music sooner or later, I just wish the government would back up and let it happen.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Freud was a trip! Thanks for the book reference. I think I read it years ago but will check Amazon for it. Maybe there is a kindle version.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Fadingdaylight, you sound like you could be my brother from another mother. :)
If we didn't rely on the government, we would learn to care for ourselves and one another. It's the old "give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish" concept.

sockmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 13, 2011
I accidentally posted this in the General Forums before I saw this post, but it seems that the FDA is asking for "Comments, Data and Research" about the proposed changes, starting tomorrow, at the following URL:
http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ucm388395.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.