PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Y’all may already be in the loop but, figured it would be worth posting anyway. It gives certain veterans access to BX/PX and commissary privileges. See link below....

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Typical government clarity: "Veterans with 0-90% service-connected disability ratings". Doesn't a 0% service-connected disability rating include all vets?
Not an expert by any stretch but, I had a buddy who was exposed to chemicals had no issues or problems when he separated but the VA gave him a disability rating of 0% so the door was still open if he had problems later on. The VA could always increase his rating if issues from the exposure arose. So he was listed as being a disabled veteran with zero monetary compensation

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think kurtbob has it right. A 0% disability sounds like a place marker for vets who had exposures or other health problems that are currently resolved, but who have established service connection. I don't know that as gospel, but I worked for the old Veterans Administration and that sounds right. There are zero percent and no percent. The point is service-connection. These vets deserve any perks that come their way, and the PX/BX privileges, for those who have ready access, seems great.

Reactions: Elric and kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I think it’s about time! They make you feel like a second class citizen after you separate if you don’t retire from the service. You know what I mean......thanks for giving 12 yrs of your life, now go away. I’m really glad to see things changing for the better while I’m still here to see it :)

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
A 0% rating means the VA will give you healthcare for that injury, but you won’t receive any monthly compensation. You get Service Connection for that injury as well.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.