PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
If/when it happens it would also almost certainly be the end of this forum...unless Kevin has some other trick up his sleeve to keep it going.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
This would be an extinction level event for many small to medium batch blenders and importers, but also it could be a shot in the arm for any remaining local B&M stores. Unfortunately, not many B&M tobacconists in my area.
Of course there’s the historical record of previous drug and alcohol prohibitions, if there is still a healthy demand then there will be money to be made and folks will be getting their Esoterica curtesy of some criminal “tobacco cartel”. Might even improve availability.
Psst... hey buddy, what to buy a gram of Stonehaven?
These are the good old days.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
This would be an extinction level event for many small to medium batch blenders and importers, but also it could be a shot in the arm for any remaining local B&M stores. Unfortunately, not many B&M tobacconists in my area.
Of course there’s the historical record of previous drug and alcohol prohibitions, if there is still a healthy demand then there will be money to be made and folks will be getting their Esoterica curtesy of some criminal “tobacco cartel”. Might even improve availability.
Psst... hey buddy, what to buy a gram of Stonehaven?
These are the good old days.
Same here...In Central NJ have only a few local shop's with blends(not the good Tin brands). JR has very little and my next stop is CI Bethlehem or Hamburg, PA.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Cellaring adequately is unrealistic for
I'm in the same boat. The compromise that I have made is I only cellar blends that can be bought in bulk. If I put away 10 bucks a week at the end of the month that's enough money to buy a pound of just about any bulk blend.

Reactions: seanv
This forum is a lifeline that probably would get stronger if this legislation does come to pass.
Maybe, if they can come up with someone to sponsor it. And, having read threads from over the years, I don't believe that just anyone can grow and process tobacco. Heck, I believe that just smoking pipes is too hard for some, ha ha.

I predict it will not pass; but it is a bipartisan effort, and eventually they will get something through. The clock is ticking.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The saddest part, is that the online tobacco industry is what allows us to be friends by supporting this forum. So, we won't just lose a lot of variety and dirt cheap prices, but we might lose the forum.
Well if that happens, members here get to decide if this forum really matters to them all that much, by supporting it financially, which happens with other forums.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The bill is also complete poppycock and not based on reality.

Reality is normally very different than how it is characterized by "lawmakers". It's usually very much the opposite of whatever name they give to these pieces of BS legislation...typically something like "family protection act" ... or some such horseshit.

Just assume the exact opposite of whatever the name is and you'll be much closer to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.