PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
A House subcommittee supposedly addressing an "epidemic" of teen smoking has a bill that would ban catalog and internet sales of all tobacco products. Also would set a national tobacco purchase age of 21.

HR2339 has not been published yet, but Cigar Aficionado ran a story today.

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 7, 2016
Wasn’t something like this introduced by the Chairwoman of one of the House Committes a few months back and discussed here? And discussed here. And discussed here. And....

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
First, they were pushing vaping as the 'solution' and the 'safe' and 'healthy' way to quit tobacco, the evil, cancerous leaf. The next step would be to declare a vaping epidemic and ban vaping too. Almost worked, but they jumped the gun too fast: tobacco hasn't been banned nor discontinued yet.

Reactions: leafsmoker

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'm of the impression that, if internet sales of pipe tobacco was ever banned, it would be the end of a number of tobacco blends or at least their availability in the US. There are so few B&M's left my guess is the bulk of many blends is sold via the internet. If such a ban occurred, there's a good chance I'll have to give up the pipe as tobacco choices and outlets locally for me are poor. Cellaring adequately is unrealistic for me for financial reasons.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Cellaring adequately is unrealistic for me for financial reasons.
Bingo! Likewise here: between meagre income and the inability to order a dozen tins a purchase like some fellow members due to being dinged to hell and back with duties, "cellar wide and cellar deep" is just not feasible for me. Now, if some of you wanna come over for a visit and run me some toby (200 gr is the duty free limit), I can manage to cellar wider and deeper than two tins per trimestrial purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.