PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Things have been crazy busy at work recently and I haven't been able to use any of my paid leave. It's either use it or stop accruing more after 480 hours, so I decided to cash in 80 hours and buy myself a little something(s).
Here's a Peterson Christmas 2014. I saw another forum member get one of these and decided it was my kind of pipe, too. I like the relative heft and large tobacco chamber. Just feels great, though I haven't smoked it yet. It's my second Peterson, by the way. So now I am officially a Peterson collector. I really enjoy my Irish Harp 999 and I think this one will be great as well.
petersonchristmaspipe_zpse19085b3.jpg

The other pipe is another I saw on a post, a Tsuge bamboo stemmed bent billiard. This one just had it's inaugural smoke, half filled with Larry's Blend. It also has a great feel with an open and cool smoke. It's light and comfortable to hold.
Tsugepipesupine_zps3e2149da.jpg

Now if I could just get some time off to relax and enjoy them!

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I do like the look of the Peterson Christmas Pipe. I ordered a pipe myself today and if I had the budget for two pipes it would have been one if these going into the basket as well.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Tuold:
I'm sure having the time off might've been preferred but you compensated well.
I don't own any Petersons and can't comment other than yours is a damned handsome burner. The Tsuge, another pipe I know only by reputation, is just beautiful. Did you buy the latter new or is it an estate? Also, if you don't mind the FNG question, is there an insert in the bamboo piece or do makers just take advantage of nature's path of least resistance?
Great pipes, pal.
Thanks,
Fnord

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I just gave the Peterson a try and it performed well. I smoked the same thing in it, Larry's blend, and it burned evenly all the way to the bottom of the bowl. Perfect. As I said, it is a bit heavier so I spent more time holding it than clenching. Feels good.
Fnord, I don't see any sort of insert in the bamboo stem. There is an O ring set between the bamboo and the plastic mouthpiece but that's it. A pipe cleaner goes all the way through to the bowl from button. It has a very open draw.
Both were bought new from Smokingpipes.com along with an 8oz can of C&D Byzantium. I'm looking forward to trying that sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.