PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
The newest additions to my pipe collection. Two William Demuth Company (WDC) bulldog pipes. One is a WDC Triangle straight bulldog with a bone screw tenon, and the other is a Brighton WDC bent bulldog. I acquired the pipes, from a pipe maker that polished up the pipes, and re-fitted them with new stems. The pipes are new old stock, so they're unsmoked. They were acquired from an old tobacco shop dating back to the late 1800's that had gone out of business some time back. I'm unsure of the dates on the pipes, but it's believed that the straight bulldog might be from the early 1900's and the bent bulldog might be from around the 1930's. I'm still trying to do some research on them though. No matter how old they are, they're very nice older pipes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
They look fantastic and it looks like your guy does some pretty nice stem work. There's a lot out there on WDC, good luck investigating.

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Two great pipes! I have 7 WDC's and love all of them. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I love mine. Happy smokin'

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
Nice pair of pipes!! I love the bent bulldog - a real classic version of the shape - lovely. Happy puffing :puffy:

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
Very nice, especially the bent one. What happened to the original stems to require their replacement?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks guys. The pipes were acquired without the stems which is why new stems were fitted to the pipes. Phil Rivara did the stem work, and did a great job with them. Phil makes great pipes, and he is the one that made my Hawkbill pipe and my Bing Crosby Canadian pipe. I fired up the straight bulldog today, and it's a great smoking pipe. Such a great draw. I'm very pleased with my purchase. These pipes have such great lines and the classic bulldog shape.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
There's something extra special (to me) about the older classically shaped pipes by companies who were competing for sales at the height of US pipe smoking popularity.

Smoking a pipe is in itself an homage to those times and smoking one made then provides that much more connection with the era. Unlocked doors, playing in the street under the lights, family dinners, and, oh, yeah, youth.

Nice pipes, metalheadcigarguy! Well done, good move. Enjoy them forever!

For nice simple and underrated VA tobacco, I recommend D&R Athey and PenHooker. I haven't tried any of the Wind Sail yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.