PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I grabbed two more pipes from my all time favorite carver. Both are a little outside my wheelhouse, but his pipes consistently smoke fantastic and I really love his stem and bit work. I'm smoking the Apple as I type and the Horn will be smoked tonight. I'm a clencher and the Apple is performing flawlessly. The Horn is a little big for that so it'll wait until i'm sipping some bourbon and just chillin out.
Up first is the Horn. It weighs 70 grams and is 5.7 inches long with a Black Cherry Finish and a Cumberland stem. The plateau is super cool. This pipe is way outside my comfort zone but it looks so good I jumped.

The next pipe (I'm currently smoking FVF in it) is 1/4 Bent Apple Nose-warmer. This is nice sized too, but lighter. It is 40 grams and 4.5 inches long with a Antique Red finish and Cumberland stem. It hangs perfectly in my jaw.

Do yourselves a favor and get one from this carver...you will not regret it!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The blast and growth rings on that first pipe are wonderful, and the rim, which transitions from smooth to rough plateau is exquisite! :clap:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Very nice.
I've been on his list waiting patiently for my turn for probably 3 months.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Hmm just checked and it's been 5 months. He talked about maybe May or June. I should probably shoot him an email and make sure he hasn't forgotten me. lol

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Both are pipes to make one proud to own, and smoke, congratulations may they bring many fond memories and smokes.

banjo

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Turns out time travel is real.
Here's a video shot 15-20 years from now that got sent back to today's YouTube (!?) that proves it.
Looks like Ryan's gonna switch from pipes to knives, change his name and backstory, and start a whole new career:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7tjRe8btLo
I have no idea HOW shit's gettin' tangled up like this, time-wise, it just---obviously---is. Somebody needs to get Stephen Hawking in here and figure this math/reality/timeline stuff out.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wow, Ryan made some fine knives ten years from now! But I skipped to the end where he said he's "gonna design stuff for regular guys". Didn't mention pipes, but didn't rule them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.