PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Pipestud is saying on his vintage tin site that Two Friends Redwood, one of the best tobaccos in the known universe, has been discontinued!?

How about the rest of the line? Heritage was Craig's all day smoke, and I know it had a good fan base. Bed and Breakfast was one of the most unusual oriental blends on the market...

Does anyone know if this line, or parts of it, we're discontinued? If so, my stock of Redwood just became gold in my cellar.
I just hope Old Joe Krantz never disappears. If it and/or carter hall disappeared, I might have to consider quitting!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
The new C&D catalog shows the Two Friends lineup, and I've seen new labeling for the tins. Some of the other series, such as Serenity and Hebraic, are gone, as are personal favorites like Professor.
hp

les

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I hope that isn't the case and a sign of things to follow. English Chocolate is in my regular rotation.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I think I'd better clarify before I accidentally get a false rumor started. I have no idea whether Redwood is still being produced or not. But the old style tin I have up on the site is no longer made. Perhaps my wording in that listing was not clear. And if not, I apologize.
Thanks,
Pipestud

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Again with the false rumors, remember the last one Steve, it had something to do with Escudo I think. I remember buying around 100 tins in a week because of what you posted, you need to remember who you are and that words from your mouth are like words from God to Moses. From now on you had better check your facts from at least 4 different sources before you post, or I am going to come down to Plano and put a match to all your Royal Yuck.
Redwood is a great blend and it would be a shame if it was discontinued, people should try it if they haven't as it is available in 2oz and 8oz tins at SP.

Dec 24, 2012
Ah, yes, now I recall the great escudo scare of 2013.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-great-escudo-scare-the-sequel
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/escudo-discontinued

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, I can't believe it has been a year since that thread. I am still glad Steve posted those false rumors as I did complete my cellaring of Escudo back then and now all of my Escudo is over a year old.

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Steve, thanks for clarifying! Especially before I bought out C&Ds inventory LOL.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I highly doubt it as it's listed on the C&D website as "new" as they're now distributing GL Pease also.
http://cornellanddiehl.com/tobaccos.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.