PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I don't like aros.
I have had a few, they are either sugar bombs, and I am not a sweet tooth guy anyway, or they don't taste like what they say they should, or they are foul. This, of course, is my palate and I definitely understand that many others will disagree. Also note, I have not had many aros due to these experiences, so even I don't take my opinion to be that meaningful.
I placed a TAD order recently from smokingpipes that showed up today. All GLP blends. Except for two. One of those two was half GLP: Two Friends English Chocolate. Why would I buy this as a aro disliking man? Because I did try a bowl at this years Chicago show and did not think it was a sugar overload, so I was interested. I like chocolate beer so I would like to like chocolate toby. Furthermore, I wanted to have a tin of something to smoke up in my apartment that would leave a pleasant room note for Holiday visitors. So I figured some English chocolate would last the 2 weeks of Thanksgiving and then Christmas/New Years. I'm on my 2nd bowl now.
I've read other reviews, and here's my shot at my own. Normally when I "review" a baccy to my friends tho, it consists of "like it" or "didn't like it" so this will not be spectacular.
I definitely taste chocolate when smoking. You don't take a big full puff and feel like you're chewing chocolate, the smoke is rather light - not chewy at all, but afterwards there is a definate chocolate flavor lacing your mouth. Run your tongue on the roof and THEN it's like licking a chocolate bar. Other than that the actual smoke is flavorful and tasty. So....I like it.
If you have had this and write better reviews please post them. After tasting a baccy for awhile, I can sometimes more accurately describe the flavors, but sometime I can't. However, after a few bowls I like to read reviews to see what others think, and then focus to see if I can pick out the flavors they find. This is often a successful activity.
The other aro I got was Peter Stokkebye nougat. I bought this because I discovered it was the toby used in filming LOTR and wanted to see how it was. Also, I hope it'll have a non-smoker pleasing room-note. Anyone have this one before?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I really enjoy the PS Nougat. My wife even finds the room note nice. I hope you like it. I have no experience with the chocolate blend.
Winton

Jul 15, 2011
I dont remember where this idea was planted into my head, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that this blend was kind of hard to find nowadays. Was I misinformed?

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I got it on smokingpipes. Saw nothing to indicate stock was low. However, last time at Iwan Ries I don't remember there being any...

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
Novelist, I also got mine off of smokingpipes, delivered just last week, and I thought the price was right for Two Friends. It's excellent stuff; the chocolate sneaks up on you, and has a very pleasant taste and aroma. I haven't tried PS Nougat, but I am kind of fond of their cherry, so I'm probably going to give it a shot for the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.