PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
While it still smokes fine, I figure it is only a matter of time before hairline cracks turn into a broken stem. It probably happened during my last move, but my Lorenzo Spitfire has a messed up stem. Who do you guys trust to send a pipe into for a refit and repair, because I quite like this pipe and would hate to not be able to smoke it again. Thanks in advance!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Nah, georged worked on a $120 ebay pipe for me. ;) Fer real. What a god-send he is!
Well, George is a friend and he's done absolutely amazing work for me. George is the Dean of high end restoration, an absolute wizard when it comes to creating seamless work that is not only beautiful, but structurally improves the pipe. He's also in high demand and will never lack for work. Anthony is one of the very few restorers that George has said is the real deal, so if he's good enough for George, he's good enough for me.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Anthony's work is incredible - but I don't remember that he did stem replacements?

Norwoods made me a new stem for a James Upshall B Spigot, less than $50 and nailed it. (I remember George even being surprised at the cost/result). But, thats been a few years now.

Reactions: oldtoby

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
Anthony's work is incredible - but I don't remember that he did stem replacements?
Yes.

make315-025.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a stem replaced by the Norwoods in Tennessee and they did a fine job, were most prompt, at a reasonable price. This was a house pipe from Thompson Cigar, a freehand stamped "West Germany," and I had an intensely oxidation prone P-lip replaced with an acrylic tortoise shell fishtail, that looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.