PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
For the second time in less than two weeks someone hit my truck while parked at a truck stop. I was inside eating breakfast this morning, and when I walked back out I saw the damage long before I reached the truck.
The passenger side of my front bumper was pulled out a good two feet. Whoever did it took off, essentially committing a hit and run, which is a felony in a commercial vehicle.
So, before I could go pick up my load I had to deal with taking pictures, making calls, and all of the other garbage that goes along with such an incident. That put me over an hour behind schedule right off the bat.
Once I picked up my load over in Chippewa Falls, WI I headed towards Milwaukee where the load delivers tomorrow morning. I ran into snow before I got to Madison. Between Madison and Milwaukee several dozen vehicles had spun out and gone into the ditches despite the fact that the road didn't seem all that slick to me.
The cops were extremely busy dealing with all of the fender benders.
By the time I got here, just south of Milwaukee, it was rain, lightening, and thunder. Crazy weather. I am now in a nice warm motel room for the night and am only about five minutes from where I deliver.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I am getting that vile snow here . Today is a very good day to hide in the basement and play with the lathe.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Hope everything gets fixed in no time for you. Just terrible that the idiot didn't even make an attempt to find out who he or she hit.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
that really sucks sour pipe.
Wisconsin-n.- place where a torando can touchdown one week, and it will snow the next.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I witnessed a hit and run driving home on the I-90 last fall. A trucker changed lanes on top of car. The driver slowed way down but kept going so I followed the truck for about a half hour until the police could run him down. I was told the people lived but the car was totaled. 8O

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Sorry about the truck and that it's happened twice in less that two weeks. Gee whiz! Well, chances are the worst is behind you now for a good while. Your over due for a good long run.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Kind of a sickly feeling at first the the anger sets in. Drove for a few years, cam back to NO FUEL..bastids didnt even have enough decency to replace he caps on the tanks!

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
LMAO @Uncle Arthur. Thanks for that.
Thanks, gents. I had the shop straighten the bumper today. Tomorrow I will be moving into a different truck, same model but a year newer. The boss told me he has ordered me a brand new custom built truck but it won't be delivered until August. At least the newer truck has a 13 speed transmission instead of the 10 speed I have been driving, I will enjoy the better transmission.
As much as I hate moving into a new truck, I will only be unpacking the essentials in this newer truck in order to expedite the move to the new truck in August.
Of course, essentials do include pipes and tobacco.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Damn you know how they say bad things happen in 3's maybe that means you're done for awhile. I'm including the hit on your toe with the two on your truck.
Keep puffing its gone a get better.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Mason talking about his ten speed reminded of meeting this fine gentleman in the mid seventies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClnFbpbpUOA

Status
Not open for further replies.