PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
offering free shipping with the purchase of a tin of any War Horse product.
Dan/Woodsroad:
One of each, free shipping. Life is a good smoke.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Buroak...Nothing has changed. I just downloaded a new browser (Opera) and tried that tactic, but nothing doing. I suggest opening a second account with a new email address. I've made purchases with my third account this weekend.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Mcitinner, I will have to try a new account, though I don't know that that will help me. I cannot even get the login page to load. When I received P&C's email announcing their IPSD sale I thought maybe they had fixed the site.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Twoonefive, the trouble does not seem to be with my internet or device. I think the problem is somewhere in P&C's system.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Glad I'm not trying to order from PC this IPSD. I didn't grow up with computers and other devices, and unfortunately, take all their quirks and challenges personally, as many years as I've used computers and tried to get into the technological computerized present. If you grew up with them, I think most understand the device world as a sort of perpetual game theory and enjoy warping it to their will. Whereas I grew up with technology like steam locomotives and rotary phones, where when working, technology was a compliant servant that only gave trouble when it was decisively broken, to be repaired or replaced. Psychologically, it was a different experience.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
MSO, I think you are on to something there. The other issue here is that the site is working for some people but not others. I am not sure the folks at P&C even know the problem exists. A broken train, however, is working for no one and gets noticed more readily.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
As I am working late, I thought I would give P&C yet another try. Several failed carts later I still have nothing to show for my trouble.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
The only way I was able to order right now was to open a private window on firefox and check out as a guest. I couldn't go through my account. Lord knows I could have done without spending $133 today. I wish there was a "goodie box" like last year, but I assume the whole FDA thing puts a major damper on giving away tobaccos.
By the way, I tried guest checkout only to get another blank screen.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Woodsroad, I have done all of those, except call. P&C don't take calls on the weekend.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I've been on hold for over 10 minutes at 9am. I'm guessing they are hearing about this from others.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
After about 20 minutes I got through. They seem to be aware that there is a problem. It does not sound like they are going to extend the IPSD sale to allow folks like me time for a fix. I hope I can get enough of the site to work to figure out what is still in stock so I can put together a phone or email order.

deatobacco

Lurker
Apr 23, 2016
I'm still unable to place an order online at P&C, after trying several times the past few days. It's a pity to miss out on a much anticipated sale, and I mean that for myself, for others who are experiencing similar technical difficulties, and for P&C.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I wish P&C would take a page from Smokingpipes.com's playbook. SPC seems to get out ahead of a problem and reassure their customers. P&C is leaving their customers to figure out the problem themselves or spend long waits in the customer service queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.