PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
For reasons I have yet to discover I am unable to use key parts of P&C's site. If I try to login I get only a blank page after submitting my login information. Some of my searches also produce only blank pages. Is anyone else having similar problems?

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Nope.

Logged in.

Dashed around (using many site movements).

Executed searches.

===

Try to duplicate issues with a different browser.

Or try again after a restart.
[Seeing if it might be your internet provider or your computer... it is a weekend afternoon, after all]

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Buroak I've been having the same problem for several days. I have four separate accounts there, with different email addresses for each one. The first two are compromised by whatever the problem is. The blank white screen occurs with login, and my account buttons. I called them and they said to try clearing my cookies. That helped one problem but not the white locked up screen.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Hate to reignite the platform wars...
Are you both up to date with your operating systems and browser versions?

[Plus a restart and clearing your browser history]
Just to see, again, if I could duplicate a problem I tried to make many quick movements around pipesandcigars.com with my mobile device... no issues.

===
On both my MacOs and iOS devices, I'm current (and even running beta versions) of the software. Google Chrome is also up to date.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Had some trouble earlier in the week when it wouldn't show my previous orders; I was checking on some back ordered treats. Seems ok now.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
So, mcitinner, my problems with the site are not unique.
All software is up-to-date and I have used different browsers and even different devices. I even cleared the stored internet data from my phone, not something I really wanted to do. Nothing has solved the problems with the P&C site.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I run Windows 10 on two different Dell laptops. One of them is two weeks old, and I have cleaned out EVERYTHING multiple times. I've restarted and used two different browsers. If it was my problem how could two accounts not be working while a third account works fine?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Let me repeat...The website loads, and every single thing in the whole site works normally. EXCEPT! when I click the LOGIN button, or the ACCOUNT button...that is when the white screen happens, and the only thing to do is reload the site.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I was briefly able to login and view my cart. Then the white screen problem recurred before I could check out.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
This is the most telling issue...If the problem was mine...How could two of my accounts be compromised while a third works just fine?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Mcitinner, I think that is the proof the problem is on their end.
If we can't log in, search for items, and check out, how can we give them our money?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hey guys, I just tried on my iPad and then Android device and I was able to log in and load my cart. I'm not sure it helps but.......

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
PipesandCigars.com works hard every day to simulate the true smoke shop experience. Having the best customer experience is our number one goal. This past weekend, we implemented new upgrades to our shipping facility in order to enhance your experience. Great news, indeed. However, the work took longer than expected, causing a delay in handling your order. We failed to reach our goal and we want to make it right.
We're confident that our new facility measures will continue to provide the best customer experience possible for years to come.
This may provide some insight to what is going on. I got this in an email from P&C on 2/16/17. They have recently done some type of upgrade, so they may still be having some issues going on. I was able to Login and place an order today, so I know that it works for some people (At least for me).
My%20History.jpg

As you can see I ordered today....

dukeofwails

Lurker
Jan 4, 2015
The only way I was able to order right now was to open a private window on firefox and check out as a guest. I couldn't go through my account. Lord knows I could have done without spending $133 today. I wish there was a "goodie box" like last year, but I assume the whole FDA thing puts a major damper on giving away tobaccos.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I am glad some are able to use the site. Here's hoping P&C's stocks are not too picked over by the time I can place my order.
Cbates55, thanks for passing along that message. I would not be surprised to learn your experience and mine are connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.