PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Received a handsome April catalog from PC yesterday. Lots of nice offers, one featuring a variety of bulk tobaccos. Hope they get their online retail on an even keel.

mrbaho

Lurker
Sep 11, 2015
I just placed an internet order with P&C Sunday night, 2 April and the order was shipped with tracking number 4 April. It looks like things are finally getting better.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
I placed an order for half a dozen Dunhill tins last Monday. It arrived on that Friday. Easy Peasy. Hopefully they're back on track.
Stockin my shoppin cart as we speak and will probably place another order Friday or Saturday

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Stan, it was hosted on Youtube on April 3rd. I cannot speak to their timing. It usually takes time to relate train wrecks of this magnitude to a president. They likely thought their IT guys would have things up and running way sooner. IT is like voodoo. I understand them not understanding. I would have loved to have gotten an order in with 20% off, whether it was processed on time or not. I have more than enough tobacco to tide me over til it came in. I just could never get online to do an order.

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
The site works fine on my mac.
But, I can't stand the TOC for pipe tobaccos----bad user design, imho
SP's nav is much cleaner

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
My continuing P&C IPSD weekend order saga:
I had a credit card charge from P&C this past week and got a tracking number from them. The charged amount matched what two of the missing tobacco items from my three IPSD weekend orders should have cost, so I thought that was what they were sending me.
That package arrived today. It contained no tobacco, just a bag of a different brand of coffee than was in the promotion. I don't care if they substituted a different brand of coffee, but they owed me three bags, not one, and they apparently charged me for two tobacco items which they did not ship.
I just wrote to the email address in the video that someone posted earlier explaining the issues.
I would like to be able to do business with them again, but I don't feel like I can until these orders are straightened out.
BTW, the coffee they sent me has a "best by" date of 3/15/17. I hope it ages as well as tobacco does.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
The balance of my IPSD order arrived the middle of last week. Their IT gremlins then decided to do me a favor and sent another four tins of one of the blends I'd ordered. I offered to return them but they said not to worry about it.
I'll continue to do business with P&C. Recent comments suggest that the problems are now more or less localized to orders that were open when the upgrade was made and that new orders are processing correctly. Their customer service staff was pleasant throughout and my experience with P&C/CI over the past six years has been positive.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Unfortunately, I think the case with a lot of companies these days is that they hire a web designer and you have good web designers and not so good. If there is a problem, they depend on the webmaster to try to fix it. The company's hands are tied.
Same with the ordering software; they buy third-party software prepackaged and when there is a bug, they depend on the software people to address it.
No one does anything themselves anymore, they all outsource to outside companies.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"No one does anything themselves anymore, they all outsource to outside companies."
I outsourced all my smoking to Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern and Matsumura Fishworks. Just a quick call to Hokkaido if there's an issue. Improvement in home prefecture 1000%!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I ordered a pipe from them last Thurs or Fri, arrived today.

Last order of tobacco took 3 weeks because of their dilemma.

Felt sorry for them

Have used them for years & no problems.

Till the had their software problem

So happy I sold our business & we are retired now. (Most of the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.