PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
Based on the positive reviews from some of the guys on this sight, I bought myself a Lotus L11 Gaucho lighter last year. Well, ever since I bought the lighter, I haven't been able to get it to light properly after it ran out of fuel the first time. I refill it and it'll last for a day, maybe two if I'm lucky. I've tried two different kinds of fuel (Lotus and Zippo) and it still will not hold fuel for more than a day or two. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I haven't got a clue, but I too had an unfortunate experience with the Lotus 11 Gaucho lighter. In the "Pipe Lighter Pros, Cons" thread I wrote:

Well, the lighter worked just fine, altho it needed pretty frequent recharges. But,

this morning it accidentally dropped from table-top height onto a concrete floor and

it flew into a gazillion pieces. (Well, maybe not exactly a gazillion.) It was a total

Humpty-Dumpty disaster -- just broke apart completely. Not being totally inept

mechanically, I cobbled it back together, but just couldn't get the piezo-electric

clicker to spark.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Try purging the lighter. Hold it upside down and press in on the fill valve with something small (I use the pick on a pipe tool). When refilling it DON'T shake the can first, this will mix propellant in with the butane. If this doesn't fix it, you probably have a leaky fill valve which would have to be repaired by the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.