PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
So I went home this weekend for a short trip to see Mom on Mother's Day and got to catch up with my brother. He is an avid bass fisherman and wanted to show me his new boat and some hand made lures. Well that turned in to a few beers for sure. Keep in mind, he is an electrician and has tons of old tools and scrap in his garage from old job sites.
Now, he knows nothing about pipes, other than it's something I'm interested in. Well, as much as I love fishing, drinking beer, and looking at lures, I was much more amazed at the fact that had a quality sand blaster, a compressor, a drill press, and a fantastic sander and cutter just "sitting around".
To quote him, "yeah, you can do cool stuff with a sandblaster." I have never had an interest in making pipes, but I will admit that playing with the blaster stirred me a bit. Too bad we only had crappy firewood to practice with.
uhzZQCo.jpg

850SgWY.jpg

ZE3a0Fo.jpg

qZt0GkS.jpg

RRXfmPW.jpg

ktNjR3Q.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I showed him my travel pipes, which happened to be sandblasted, and he said, "I should try that, it looks easy enough. I suppose you just need the right wood." I love that guy. :puffy:
QZaXoOG.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Cosmic, here are few shots of his worms and trailers from his custom molds. My family has been making lures for years, I went to the dark side years ago and switched to fly fishing almost exclusively. I shoot a lot of macro photography shots of flies as well for publication.
CVQ2PSW.jpg

TIXQ5Ce.jpg

cid_78FF90B1-D97E-4D37-8D92-B03FBA3677BF.jpg

3b6FREb.jpg

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Leave it to Cosmic to recognize the missing lathe. I was to busy drooling over the other stuff.
ESPECIALLY the SWEEEEET PIPE NPOD.
This is the second post today, where I got to say Sweet pipe. Its a good day.
You must not have stayed long though to only need THREE.

Status
Not open for further replies.