PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
So Im getting into flake tobaccos these days. I have some thats been jarred for years. I was wondering how do you guys bring bulk flake tobacco with you during the day? Old tins? Homemade containers? Pouches? I always rub them out anyways, but Id like to keep them in flake form until I'm ready to smoke.
What do you guys do?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
mind_blown.gif

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I stick a few flakes behind my ear like a pencil, then tie another around my finger to remind me they are there.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No, a tin or a pipe would be too uncomfortable. A baggie is all you need.
That would be a bad idea around here. The stoners would think I was holding. 8O

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I was serious about the pipe response. Unless you are wanting to carry large amounts. In that case, may I suggest one of these?
https://m.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe%20accessories/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=161827

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
They caught my eye for the antiquated look. Love old stuff, or reproductions of. Normally I will pack a group 5 or 6 pipe, and smoke it on and off again during breaks at work so I only have to take the pipe and nothing else but a lighter and tamper. May get one of those containers though. They come in brass, copper, and German silver.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A small, thick walled plastic bag, inside another sturdy bag. Then you can lay a group of flakes in, and wrap around them. (when I do that, I stick it in my pants pocket, so it starts getting broken up as I walk or sit. But you could keep it in a shirt pocket, lunch pail, attaché case, messenger bag, etc., etc.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
About the only place not at home that I smoke is in my car. I hardly ever have any need for a tobacco pouch any more. Kind of sad really. There are all manner of tobacco pouches available in any price point you're comfortable with. I would suggest eBay.
Mike S.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Along the lines of the English Tobacco Tins, look for Altoids and Altoids Smalls mints in metal tins: a couple of bucks each, two sizes, in the checkout aisle of the supermarket.

There is a marketing revival in both metal and plastic tins, so look around: cough drops, pins, office supplies... the look and feel of things in tins is back in style. Chuck the contents and fold your flakes.

Dec 24, 2012
In all seriousness now, I have all manner of tobacco pouches and don't use any of them. I always just use an old tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.