PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa

Lurker
Apr 24, 2013
Dallas Tx.
So I pull up to a traffic light today, and look over to the vehicle next to me and find an old man puffing away. I asked is that a Peterson, (the ring). His reply was yes, and asked if I was a pipe smoker. The light turned green, so we pulled into the shopping center parking lot, to continue the conversation. Long story short, he has been puffing for 70 yrs. loves Dunhill, and Peterson brands, and smokes Sail tobacco. I wrote down this forum address, and asked him if he used a computer, his reply was hell yes, everybody uses it today.. I laughed and agreed. We departed. We need to watch for him on the forum. His name is Hank, Oh I forgot, he is 97 yrs. young. 40 yrs. older than me. This chat made my day. Great to me ya Hank.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Great story. 97 and smoking a pipe is not that suprising, but 97 and uses a computer!! Good for you Hank, hope to meet you on the forum.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Thanks for sharing a great encounter with a fellow pipe smoker.
It's amazing that he is still driving at 97.
Hope to see him soon on the forum.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
In 2063 I will, hopefully, be 97. If I'm still puffing away on a pipe and cruising around in a car (or George Jetson space scooter) I will be very happy.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That's a cool story. I spotted an older couple driving in the car just the other day. It was a quick glimpse in passing so we didn't have a chance to speak but I did make out the unmistakable shape of a straight billiard. It's always interesting to see another piper on the streets. It doesn't seem to happen to much to me anyways.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Very cool!

I came across a guy puffing away on a pipe outside his business one day, so I pulled up in my vehicle and asked what he was smoking. He said it was a briar pipe and its used for tobacco. I laughed and said I know, and said I meant what type of tobacco. He laughed back and said 1Q. He thought I thought he was smoking pot or something. LOL We had a good 20 minute conversation. He only smokes 1Q as he's tried other blends and hasn't really cared for them. Always cool to run into another pipe smoker at random times.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
I had a customer to day say "not bad for and old guy".
My reply
"If you still counting your birthday in double digits your not old."
He left the store with a big smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.