PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
https://www.tobaccopipes.com/cornell-diehl-small-batch-sansepolcro-pipe-tobacco/?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=C%26D%20Sansepolcro%20Buy%20Now&utm_content=C%26amp%3BD%20Small%20Batch%20Sansepolcro&_rmId=rvEVoZZ63WTY6zx2BzM9sD1eN86yeghlbDAE
Picked up 10Tins and just released Rattray's Nimbus Sandblast pipe.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Got 3 tins a few hours ago. Got the email around 1pm South Korea time. Surprising that SP didn't send out a email yet.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, I picked up 3. I'm surprised they were not more restrictive on tin limits.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Just picked up a couple of tins along with another order. Probably just adding to the cellar for now. If any is left come next months order, I might throw in a few more and one to pop now.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
4 tins for me as well, also threw in some of the Drucquer tins and a tamper to round out the order.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I did 5, as I really like their red VA offerings as of late, and with Italian Dark Fired, what could go wrong? Also snatched a couple more tins of Savinelli 140, which introduced me to Italiano Dark Fired.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I am with you Mark. I smoked a bowl with my brother, not very impressed. Put the rest of the tin in a jar and mixed the remnants of what I had with some Regents Flake. There is no a depth of flavor to it, a very dry smoke.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Had the first bowl of Sansepolcro. Starts off that spicy Dark Fired flavor, then it transitions to a sweet Virginia, and the final third was a bit of a combination of the two. Doesn’t bite. Good moisture level in general. Burns pretty evenly and cool. Nicotine is mild, but halfway point of the bowl it picked up a bit. Overall a really good blend. Glad I picked up 10 tins. Might need to pick up 10 more.

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
When I saw they were again offering this blend I popped one of the 2 tins I had from the initial release in October 2016 to see if I wanted to invest in a larger stash. I can’t really say how much it’s improved with age since I haven’t tried a fresh tin but I was quite impressed. In fact I’ve been smoking it almost exclusively for a week and I pick up nuances with every bowl. Not overly complex but enough going on to keep it interesting. Dark and earthy, some spice and dark VA sweetness (I notice certain pipes emphasize the sweetness and others the earthy/spice flavors). To me it’s similar to Jackknife but with the Italian dark fired giving some different and unique flavors than the KY in Jackknife.

Status
Not open for further replies.