PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
If you need a quick nic-fix (hey, who’s perfect, am I right? lol), pick up some Five Brothers. At times like that I load up a little cob with it. It’s hard to over-pack (within reason) and it’s a dry fast burning burley shag with nicotine written on the each little shred (use a microscope - lol j/k). Seriously though, it’s prone to a fast/hot burn which can lead to some bite — slow and easy wins the race.

It works a treat on some ghosted briars as well. I’ll try a few bowls of 5B first, unless I’m cleaning up a heavily caked estate or any estate with a Lakeland ghost. Those are nasty spooky ghosts that to me need Blessed salt, PGA and Holy Water. Only masochists smoke Lakelands. They won’t admit it, but...

Rebub24

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
There are 3 main causes to tongue bite:

1. You're smoking to fast and need to slow your cadence
  2. The tobacco is still too wet and should dry out more
  3. There are just some varieties of tobacco that won't match well with your body chemistry

All of these things take experimenting and practice with but number #3 there really isn't much you can do about it except not smoke that type of tobacco.

For instance: no matter what I do, I always get tongue bite from blends with a high perique content. Basically I have to stay away from these types of blends so I don't get tongue bite.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and olkofri

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
Buying a 9mm filter pipe and using charcoal filters has completely removed tongue bite for me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Anyone ever get lounge bite? ?
Not me. But I never sit in lounge chairs like these:

retro-vintage-modern-chair-hacks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.