PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Tonight finds me in Clearwater, MN. It has been an interesting and difficult couple of days of driving. Ice, snow, and roads closed down due to weather. Many bowls have been smoked while plugging along, sometimes at 15mph while trying to not run over the "four wheelers" who seem intent on getting themselves run over.
Today I passed many four wheelers in the ditches and in the median. Oddly enough, but not surprisingly, every single one of them were four wheel drive vehicles. Those folks buy those vehicles and think they can drive at highway speeds on ice. Doesn't work.
I am five miles from my delivery and securely parked for the night, watching it snow. I had a good dinner, a couple of beers in the truck stop pub, some conversation with fellow drivers and a couple of young ladies, and am now ready to hit the sack for the night once I finish this bowl of Frog Morton.
All in all it was a successful if somewhat stressful day.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Good to hear that things went OK. Give a hoot on the horn if ya pass Osseo heading back . I am twenty minutes away from there but I will pretend I hear it! LOL

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Your observation about the four wheelers is spot on.

Glad that the trip is working out for you.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
When I use to run up into the Pacific NorthWest a good bit, The four wheelers often kept an appointment to get in the ditch, Big Trucks had to wait on reservations.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Thanks, Bubba.
LOL Arthur, blew by Osseo earlier this evening. I'll pretend I blew the horn so you can pretend you heard it.
Thanks, Fred. Four wheelers never cease to entertain.
Thanks, Mac.
I know what you mean, Casper. They do seem to have reservations for the best ditches.

Status
Not open for further replies.