-BF#3

-Doblone d'Oro

-Storm Front

-BnB

-Silver Flake

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are many. My favorites include Tabac-Manil Semois thick and medium cut, a burley variant from Belgium; Peretti's #52 sent to me by lasttango; C&D Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, Big 'n Burley, Dark Burley and others (C&D is the burley blending master right now); PC Chestnut and Log Cabin, both Russ O. blends; and many others. Some tobacco forward aromatic burley blends include Iwan Ries Three Star Blue; Edward G. Robinson; and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. If you like burley, many burley blends will please you, and if you don't, few if any will.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Not all are strict Burleys but my list is:
OJK

Haunted Bookshop

Three Friars

Bald Headed Teacher

Carter Hall

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
I've yet to really delve into burley blends but scrumpys listing of Bald Headed Teacher caught me. I just picked up a sample of this from 4 Noggins. Amazing blend!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This might be a little ordinaire for what you have in mind, but Lane's Burley Without Bit is both pleasant on its

own and a good tobacco to mix with Va, Cavendish, etc
I followed up on this recommendation and checked out BL/WB, which is like a mellower version of every Lane aromatic, meaning that it has less goop and more Burley flavor. I mix it with some dark and white Burleys to dilute the aromatic nature further, and end up with something that smells like it's a quarter vanilla Cavendish and the rest a neutral Burley. Tastes great, smokes beautifully.
Cosmic's recommendation for Burley Flake #1 is also excellent, but I have to speak up for Cotton Boll Twist as well here, because that is a solid and wonderful Burley, and contrary to lore it will not kill you but relax you thoroughly.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Haunted Bookshop

Haunted Bookshop

Haunted Bookshop

Haunted Bookshop

Haunted Bookshop...... You see where this is going.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I've tried Golden Extra and Carter hall. I like them both.
But reading this thread I'm going to try the London Burley.
Has anyone tried the Lane Burley and Black?

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I like Carter Hall, I'm trying to get a taste for burley, but it's so hard when VA's call to me like they do. I think it's a great constituent to most blends and is usually appreciated by my buds!

but I have to speak up for Cotton Boll Twist as well here, because that is a solid and wonderful Burley, and contrary to lore it will not kill you but relax you thoroughly.

Yes, Cotton boll Twist, I had that one mentally chocked up with the rest for the twists as Virginias, but DM is right. That would be my number three, dropping the rest down a notch. Good stuff. It puts hair on your pipe.

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
My top 5 burley/burley forward blends, also happens to be my current rotation.

1. Morley's Best

2. Happy Brown Bogie Twist

3. Big n Burley

4. Haunted Bookshop

5. Five Brothers

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers is a good old pouch brand with a nicotine jolt. You can use it to kick up blends that are a little tame. Good by itself too.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz and Burley Flake #1 form a sort of continuity. Very similar flavors, just in ascending intensity.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
I find Burley Flake #3 very much like OJK, just a bit less sharp, like a little sibling to the bigger brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.