PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Happy it worked out well for you. Hopefully you can let us see the pics when they are available.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Good luck Cindi. Wherever your modeling career may lead, you will always be one of us.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Mary posted a photo earlier before she left for a shoot for a women's roller derby league. Hopefully she'll feel like posting more when she gets home. :)
Some random thoughts from today:
I nearly fell out of the chair when a spark flew out of the pipe and landed on my gold skirt. I don't think it burned the fabric so *whew!*
Generating that much smoke for the photos makes the pipe VERY hot. It was uncomfortable because I was purposefully doing something I have avoided for so long. The Altinok meer was so hot it burned my fingers at the very end of the shoot. Also, holding a meer with my fingers touching the bowl felt wrong. The photos look better holding it that way though. So much of getting photos made seemed counter-intuitive to pipe smoking wisdom. I whispered apologies to the pipes as I packed them up.
I smoked 3 half-bowls during the shoot, so Shaun and I had to finish up the tobacco when I got home. :lol: He took the Manx meer w/ Classic Burley Kake and I finished the Rinaldo w/ Founding Fathers. The Altinok meer burned up the rest of the bowl in its case even though I made sure it was cool before putting it away. That thing is like a kiln!

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Crikeys, what a change of pace for the photographer, the exquisite, demure maiden, oozing gorgeousness as she sips sexily on her pipe, to women's roller derby, yikes!!!!
So glad you had a great day & can't wait to see the pics. Hope she'll produce some in black & white, they always look incredible.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's ironic that this is the first time I decided to click into this thread and see what it's about, when 2 days ago I actually emailed Cyndi asking if she wanted to be a Pipe Babe.
So I'm still taking credit for the idea! :nana:

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I have to make a point of visiting the site more! Great pics Cyndi! And good luck but I don't think you'll need it.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Hobie - I'm talking about letting a previously lit bowl sit for a while before the rest is smoked. After 3 hours it starts to taste bad to me.
Kevin - :nana: I thought this thread was why you emailed me. You must have some weird psychic link to the forums!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
lol, Paul, that's the truth! I was in one pose in a tall but tiny chair with my leg folded up behind me and my arm laying over it. I felt like a pretzel!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Just to clarify, I wasn't kidding. I honestly swear I had not read this thread before emailing you about being a Pipe Babe.
The idea had been suggested to me in the past though by private communication from some of the members.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Me too! Mary has posted one on my FB page as a teaser and I love the shot but not the pose. Does that make sense? Like, I love the way she captured it but the model was off her game. ;)
She said it would take about a week to get the set posted. I bought the copyright so I can share it once I get it.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Cindy, I don't know you other than from the site, but the pics you posted, WOW, I was glad to hear the shoot went well and I disagree about the model getting comfortable as a professional photographer I prefer my models be comfortable. It makes for a better shot. Look forward to seeing you picture.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
OK, I have a question for you cyndi. In that avatar photo, you appear to have no waistline which makes me wonder how long you can wear it without passing out? Or if you can wear it and not pass out, can you go to out dinner in it or does it cuts off your intestines and makes your burger back up?

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Haunted, my measurements are 32, 23, 36. The corset really isn't tightened that much. I have to take in all my dresses because I'm shaped more curvy than most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.