Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Tom, the NWPipeSmoker. Tom has been doing YouTube pipe smoking videos since 2009. He has over 450 videos talking about pipes and tobaccos, and lots of other things too. It's his way of having other pipe smokers to virtually hang out with. He is also a collector of Custom-bilt pipes. In our opening segment, Brian will do a taste test sampling of different tobaccos that might be a replacement for the McClelland 5100.
tom-nwpipesmoker.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I'm not a regular YouTube vlog viewer, but I've watched a handful of Toms videos in the past and I've always found his voice soothing.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I have been following this chap on YouTube for years now and he strikes me as good company and a genuinely nice fella. I also love where he lives. It looks beautiful. I will be giving this my ear sometime this week.

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
I did not know about Tom. It is nice to find a new ytpc. Will check him out

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I watched some of his videos in the past, I just love how he holds the pipe in his mouth and speaks. It is a unique way of clenching I guess.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Tom is a special pipe community 'presenter'. His laid back demeanor and soothing voice, along with almost too self deprecating sense of humor seem to generate the sort of casual familiarity that relaxes you somehow.

These folks on youtube do share an intimacy of their lives, interests, struggles and triumphs. Tom keeps it interesting.

I am now going to go and listen to the tape.

Thanks Brian, Kevin, Tom, and all who help out 'round heah.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That was a good interview. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with Tom in person several times, and I've been interacting with him on YT for the past 6 years. He is a very generous person, and when you have a conversation with him; it's like you've known one another for years and are just meeting back up after a period of time. Tom gave me some Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme from 2009 last year, and that stuff ages great. Wonderful smoke! Makes me want to buy some more and just let it age for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.